Windows 10: Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken

Discus and support Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I need some serious help. My Lenovo laptop was working fine earlier today but something happened while I was trying to sign onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hal.201, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Hal.201 Win User

Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken

Hi everyone,

I need some serious help.

My Lenovo laptop was working fine earlier today but something happened while I was trying to sign onto amazon a few hours ago where the keyboard stopped working and chrom and forefox will no longer open.

It's like the windows close before they can open. Also, everytime I open anything else the windows close after a few seconds and a "shut down windows" box pops up.

That box has appeared and disappeared repeatedly non stop over the past 15 minutes. I think it might be a stuck button, but the problem temporarily fixes itself when I hit cntrl alt delete, and then quickly goes back to closing everything and not letting use the keyboard or programs.

I have found that the alt button, d button and g buttons all open up the shut down windows box.

Please help.

Thank you.

:)

Hal.201, Sep 9, 2019
  2. DANGABIG Win User

microsoft edge keyboard not functioning, but keyboard works with Chrome and FireFox

Today when I attempt to use microsoft edge as a browser my keyboard is not functioning on the search line, but the keyboard works fine when I use either Chrome or FireFox as my browser.

I had to use Chrome to access this question forum.

Anyone have a suggested solution or reason for why Edge is being funky?

Very annoying.

All the best.

DANGABIG, Sep 9, 2019
  3. TheHunter Win User
    Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken

Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken

1. Keyboard, chrome, firefox, all broken - Similar Threads - Keyboard chrome firefox

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Firefox fonts suddenly "broken"

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox fonts suddenly "broken": After my wife did a Microsoft update this morning, she said that all the fonts in her Firefox browser now appear "broken," instead of "solid." I also noticed that the Windows buttons on the top right of the Firefox window also have some lines missing. There are no issues...
  6. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  7. Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues: The problem: Browsers are inconsistently working- various websites will sometimes open while other times will indicate error such as not secure, website not responding, load half-way, or simply continue loading without success. Also, when I click on link for a new tab same...
  8. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  9. FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!: If I go to Amazon.com and look at my orders or look at any item that has images you can expand both FireFox AND Chrome will freeze. IE is still OK. Not sure when this happened but I do not know if it is related to blocking popups or not. Could it be related to a Win 10...
  10. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...