Windows 10: keyboard clicking sound

Discus and support keyboard clicking sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off the clicking sound that started on my keyboard ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisWickline1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. keyboard clicking sound

How do I turn off the clicking sound that started on my keyboard ?

:)

ChrisWickline1, Nov 8, 2018

2. How to enable mouse and keyboard click sound?

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you want to enable sound for mouse and keyboard strokes on the computer.
    Please reply, do you want to enable sound for mouse clicks and all keyboard keys?

Currently there is no option to enable sound for all keyboard keys and mouse clicks in Windows 10. However, you will be able to enable sound option for three keys on keyboard i.e.
    Num Lock, Scroll Lock and Caps Lock.

To enable sound for the above mentioned keyboard keys, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings window.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on
      Keyboard from left side panel of the window.
    • Under Toggle keys on right side panel turn on
      Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock option.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

I suggest you to post feedback on the above requirement using
    Feedback App. You can also input some of the ideas on enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback app. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered and worked on.

Refer to the link below on Give us feedback to write a feedback on the requirement you are looking for in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Write to us for further assistance on any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 8, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue keyboard clicking sound :p

cadaveca, Nov 8, 2018
  4. keyboard clicking sound

Sound Not Working

Hi Enna,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the sound on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information for better assistance:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers after performing reset on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the audio on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

keyboard clicking sound

1. keyboard clicking sound - Similar Threads - keyboard clicking sound

2. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  3. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  4. System sounds when clicking keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds when clicking keys on keyboard: I keep hearing a system sound from my laptop whenever I click keys on my keyboard, it only happens when I’m on the desktop I’ve turned off all sticky keys and toggle keys related to it but nothing has worked, I even reset my laptop so that the settings would go back to...
  5. System sounds when clicking keys on keyboard

System sounds when clicking keys on keyboard: I keep hearing a system sound from my laptop whenever I click keys on my keyboard, it only happens when I’m on the desktop I’ve turned off all sticky keys and toggle keys related to it but nothing has worked, I even reset my laptop so that the settings would go back to...
  6. Clicking Sound

Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  7. Clicking Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  8. Keyboard Clicking Sound Won't Go Away. HEELLLPP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Clicking Sound Won't Go Away. HEELLLPP!!: I am having a issue with the keyboard sounds. In settings, I have the keyboard clicks turned OFF. But, in some apps and on some websites, the keyboard clicking sound come back on. Help! Thanks, CooperMatthews1...
  9. keyboard click sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard click sound: how do I turn off keyboard click sound on my desktop's keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/keyboard-click-sound/a3fcafbb-989e-4d43-b2aa-0c72dbe1a796
  10. keyboard clicking sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard clicking sounds: For some reason the keyboard clicks when I type, and sometimes hesitates (is slow). I have looked up ways to change this but I do not have a section under control panel/devices/keyboard called touch or similar. I think maybe the version of Windows 10 I have has changed...