Windows 10: Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

Discus and support Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soraya_B, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Soraya_B Win User

Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have their keyboard switched to the swiss german keyboard the windows image is by default made with the swiss german layout. Sometimes the problem is solved by itself or with the next Windows CU, but with each CU, new users encounter this issue...For your information, the keyboard language is chosen by GPO and we're actually

:)

Soraya_B, Jul 22, 2022
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 22, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 "Update" Changed keyboard layout on welcome screen and I can't change it back.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How many keyboard language have you installed?
    If you have installed more than 1 keyboard language in your system, then I suggest you to remove the keyboard language other than default language and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to remove the language.

• Open Control panel.

• Click on language.

• Select the language and click on remove option at the top.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Change your keyboard layout

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself - Similar Threads - Keyboard constantly changes

2. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  3. Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language: Hi, My laptop runs Windows 11 home, and has an AZERTY keyboard.I use French, English and Chinese regularly, and I've changed the default keyboard layout for English from QWERTY to AZERTY as shown below:But, when I try to do that with Chinese, the option doesn't show up, and...
  4. Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language: Hi, My laptop runs Windows 11 home, and has an AZERTY keyboard.I use French, English and Chinese regularly, and I've changed the default keyboard layout for English from QWERTY to AZERTY as shown below:But, when I try to do that with Chinese, the option doesn't show up, and...
  5. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  6. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  7. Keyboard layout changes by itself

Keyboard layout changes by itself: I have multiple laptop computers in multiple locations, between them they have different keyboard layouts, namely US, UK and Spanish. When I travel to Spain and set my Spanish computer to a Spanish keyboard layout, it seems that this also changes the layout of my English...
  8. Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change: Hi there! I need to write in Spanish and English every day. My laptop have the "Latin American" keyboard, I use at home a "US International" mechanical keyboard. I don't find any issue writing in either of the language with either of the keyboards as long as the Windows...
  9. Keyboard language changing itself

Keyboard language changing itself: I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now is slightly different, but I think I know what may be causing it. Firstly, at times my language bar will bug out. I have US...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...