Windows 10: Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application

Discus and support Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At Surface Pro, I am experiencing a keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application entry or after a slight stop. When I start typing, in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FranciscoCaneira Madelino, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application

At Surface Pro, I am experiencing a keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application entry or after a slight stop. When I start typing, in the application started, it takes several seconds to write, and only after the messages "automatic screen rotation" appear in the upper left corner and "choose tablet mode in the lower corner." How do I eliminate this delay, quite uncomfortable?

:)

FranciscoCaneira Madelino, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard delay

Hi,

There might be some changes in the configuration of your device that causes the issue.
    To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?
    • Have you tried using the keyboard on a different computer?

Kindly make sure that everything is connected properly, the device has power, and that it’s set up correctly. We recommend that you check out these links:

These will provide you troubleshooting steps when you encounter keyboard problem on your Windows 10 device.

In case the same issue persists, it would be best that you check out with your keyboard manufacturer customer service page to download the most updated driver that will be compatible with your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Keyboard delay

Hello.

It would be great to test your device with another keyboard. This could show the issue is keyboard or system.

Try the steps below:

- disconnect and connect keyboard again

- run hardware troubleshooter

- update keyboard driver

- delete keyboard for the device manager list, update it, drivers should be found by system

Let me know how this works

Mark St..., Feb 27, 2019
  4. Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application

1. Keyboard delay problem at the beginning of an application - Similar Threads - Keyboard delay problem

2. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  3. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  4. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard delay: I was in a game then I heard a beep and then my keyboard started to delay but its only for this account because i went to a different account and my keyboard was working perfectly fine. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  5. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard delay: I was in a game then I heard a beep and then my keyboard started to delay but its only for this account because i went to a different account and my keyboard was working perfectly fine. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  6. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard delay: When typing there is a short delay before the text appears on screen. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-delay/5a12f750-8856-430e-b779-76c9d584139b
  8. Slight delay at beginning of Bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slight delay at beginning of Bluetooth audio: So when I get notifications the audio will take a second to kick in if nothing else is playing. I'll get a notification and I won't hear the beginning of the sound but I'll hear the middle and end. I know what lag is and I don't have the lag. I can play video games and stuff...
  9. Keyboard repeat delay

Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  10. Keyboard delay

Keyboard delay: Hi, i have a problem with my keyboard, it became a problem by itself, suddenly. When i type any letter it types it after few seconds, i don’t know how to fix it, so can you please help me? Thank you....