Windows 10: Keyboard does not function well.

Discus and support Keyboard does not function well. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard does not function well most of the time. I need to update windows or update keyboard driver before I can use it. After I shutdown the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MildredKiblasan, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Keyboard does not function well.

Keyboard does not function well most of the time. I need to update windows or update keyboard driver before I can use it. After I shutdown the computer and use it again the next day. Keyboard does not function well again so I need to update keyboard driver again. Every time I need to use the keyboard, I need to update the keyboard driver or do windows update before the keyboard can function.

:)

MildredKiblasan, Nov 26, 2020

2. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Keyboard does not function well.

Keyboard does not function correctly

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the keyboard device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard does not function well.

1. Keyboard does not function well. - Similar Threads - Keyboard does function

2. Why does the new 11 have so many issues and does not function well?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the new 11 have so many issues and does not function well?: How can you send out 11 when you knew drivers would be affected? Every 30 minutes my computer asks me to shut down and is due to driver issues after the new version was loaded. WHY do you now have to go through so many steps to just print a pdf when right clicking, you now...
  3. Why does the new 11 have so many issues and does not function well?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the new 11 have so many issues and does not function well?: How can you send out 11 when you knew drivers would be affected? Every 30 minutes my computer asks me to shut down and is due to driver issues after the new version was loaded. WHY do you now have to go through so many steps to just print a pdf when right clicking, you now...
  4. Some keyboard button not function well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keyboard button not function well: Keyboard button s , z and x not function sometimes. It likes press S button but nothing work at all but keep pressing a while it worked again. Anything help ?...
  5. Some keyboard button not function well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard button not function well: Keyboard button s , z and x not function sometimes. It likes press S button but nothing work at all but keep pressing a while it worked again. Anything help ?...
  6. Some keyboard button not function well

7. Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!: Out of the blue, my keyboard stopped functioning well. Now, I have to click the function key and the letter a to get "a" otherwise i will get "`a". Same goes for the letters k, f. "d" will type "d" and lower my brightness at the same time, 6j, -;, and Enter keys will not work...
  8. Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!

Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!: Out of the blue, my keyboard stopped functioning well. Now, I have to click the function key and the letter a to get "a" otherwise i will get "`a". Same goes for the letters k, f. "d" will type "d" and lower my brightness at the same time, 6j, -;, and Enter keys will not work...
  9. Keyboard is not working well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard is not working well: Hello there, I have just re-installed windows 10 on my friend's laptop, after rebooting the keyboard seems to not work well on the web browser, WiFi and settings but it works in the run command and in the windows sign-in. What seems to be the problem?...
  10. Keyboard and functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and functions: The keyboard does not write in Windows 10, Text Services Framework is not running, please give me all available methods, thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-functions/dbf385ca-801f-4c2a-8efa-7f8bc99b5df3