Windows 10: Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

Discus and support Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christine Ryan1, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also not working after switching accounts. Devices shows the keyboard connected and working but nothing happens when I type. The mouse doesn't do this and didn't do it with the wired one I had. Is there a fix for this? Was relatively simple to unplug/plug the wired keyboard but really don't want to disconnect/reconnect the bl

:)

Christine Ryan1, Aug 22, 2022

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Aug 22, 2022
  3. JP2016 Win User
    Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Aug 22, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 22, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

1. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts - Similar Threads - Keyboard doesn't switching

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected: Would appreciate guidance on this issue... Maybe I misunderstand what switching user implies, but in Windows 7, User 1 could setup Deezer (in Google Chrome) to stream music then User 2 could switch to their account whilst Deezer - on the User 1 account - continued to stream...
  4. Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected: Would appreciate guidance on this issue... Maybe I misunderstand what switching user implies, but in Windows 7, User 1 could setup Deezer (in Google Chrome) to stream music then User 2 could switch to their account whilst Deezer - on the User 1 account - continued to stream...
  5. Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard possibly permanently disabled or doesn't respond to switching between...: Galaxy book has this function where if you fold back the attached keyboard it would automatically switch to tablet mode and disable the keyboard; if you flip it back flat it would immediately come back to desktop mode and keyboard's backlight would come up. However after...
  6. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  7. Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc: Anyone notice that edge refuses to launch if you switch user accounts and then log out and go back into your user account? It quite often happens that I'll be logged in using the PC, my wife will then quickly log in. When finished I'll re login into mine where upon clicking...
  8. Issues switching between user accounts

Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...
  9. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10: Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. 39503
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430