Windows 10: Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login

Discus and support Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I am looking for some help. After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 8.1 I can use my keyboard on my laptop to login but after that my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perch, Aug 6, 2015.

1. perch Win User

Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for some help. After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 8.1 I can use my keyboard on my laptop to login but after that my keyboard ceases to work.
    The filter key box is not checked and my mouse works normally. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I rolled back to 8.1 and the keyboard works correctly again.

:)

perch, Aug 6, 2015

2. Win 10 10586 Remote Desktop intermittantly won't connect from Win 7

Intermittently, after Win 7 attempts to connect to Win 10 it just displays a black screen. Seems that sometimes when the PC is restarted or shutdown, when I logon first only through Remote Desktop, it doesn't want to go to the desktop. After I restart Win
    10 PC is when the problem happens, it will be working fine, then after I restart all the sudden I can't remote to it. Then if I try to login again it will have a black screen then exit, eventually it just closes fast and doesn't show desktop at all. Then
    if I shutdown the Win 10 PC, restart it then it works, but not always.

Because the PC is really only remoted to, I don't login with mouse and keyboard, so none is attached. Only if I need to be at the PC I will.

It worked fine in 10240.

I have set my network on the Win 7 to Home network, or it also seems setting it to Work didn't make a difference. I'll see if that has anything to do with it. Seems to work fine once I can remote to it with either of those settings.

I'll report more as I find out more.

Charger.Dodge, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Not Working On Login Screen With Windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10.

The keyboard doesn't work on the login screen.

Can't login without external keyboard.

Nothing suggested has worked so far.

Please help

Somewhat_Frustrated, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login

1. Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login - Similar Threads - Keyboard doesn't login

2. Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...: I am having a strange and frustrating issue with a brand new IntelNUC PC I bought last week. PC came with Windows 11 Pro already installed.If the computer boots up or is restarted, all connected physical keyboards will not respond correctly. Most keys don't do anything when...
  3. Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...: I am having a strange and frustrating issue with a brand new IntelNUC PC I bought last week. PC came with Windows 11 Pro already installed.If the computer boots up or is restarted, all connected physical keyboards will not respond correctly. Most keys don't do anything when...
  4. Keyboard doesn't work at Windows 10 login or even before.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard doesn't work at Windows 10 login or even before.: I was asked to reboot my laptop because of an update. I did it. Now I am stuck at the Windows 10 login page. My keyboard and touchpad don't work. They just don't. I tried to use the on-screen keyboard to enter my password, but when I click on a key I have a whole row of keys...
  5. Keyboard not working after login Screen

Keyboard not working after login Screen: My laptop keyboard stopped working after login, I can type loging information to login but after login it stop working, I tried on-screen keyboard and it working as short cut keys and start opening apps instead of typing. I have checked filter keys, Restarted laplop,...
  6. Keyboard doesn't work at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard doesn't work at login: I discovered this problem shortly after building my PC a few months ago. When I go to type my pin into the Windows 10 login screen, my keyboard doesn't work. I figured out I can get it to work by clicking the ease of access button first, then going back and typing my pin. I'm...
  7. Keyboard not working after login

Keyboard not working after login: Keyboard stopped working,5min or so after logging in to windows.Except media keys and aeroplane mode key. Restarting immediately haven't helped me. If i shutdown and keep it a side for couple of hours, then all the keys starts to work fine for couple of minutes and again...
  8. Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown: I have a 3 Dell Optiplex 5060 workstations, all running Windows 10, without touch screens. On one of the workstations, the keyboard - other than the space bar - does not work at the user login screen UNTIL I click the "Ease of Access" icon. Once that is clicked, I am able...
  9. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  10. Updated from Win 7 to Win 10, Microsoft keyboard doesn't work

Updated from Win 7 to Win 10, Microsoft keyboard doesn't work: I've recently updated from Win 7 to Win 10. I have a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard, and since upgrading it no longer works in the Windows UI (not sure if that's the right term) or Internet Explorer. So it doesn't work in the Windows search bar, in folder search, or...