Windows 10: Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown

Discus and support Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a 3 Dell Optiplex 5060 workstations, all running Windows 10, without touch screens. On one of the workstations, the keyboard - other than the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dutton_Peabody, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown

I have a 3 Dell Optiplex 5060 workstations, all running Windows 10, without touch screens. On one of the workstations, the keyboard - other than the space bar - does not work at the user login screen UNTIL I click the "Ease of Access" icon. Once that is clicked, I am able to type in my password and access the desktop. All programs/apps work just fine with no issues once I'm logged in. What I have done to attempt to solve this:

1. Compared the "Ease of Access" and Keyboard settings for all workstations (since this is only happening on one of them) and they are all the same.
    2. In Device Manager, searched for and installed updated drivers for all peripherals - keyboard, mouse, monitors and printer
    3. Updated Windows even though I have all three workstations set on automatic updates and installation
    4. In Device Manager, uninstalled the keyboard, shut down the computer and restarted

None of these solutions has corrected the problem. I'm thankful to have a work around, but would rather not have a problem in the first place.

What have I not tried that I should?

:)

Dutton_Peabody, Sep 17, 2019

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Sep 17, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown

Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown

1. Keyboard doesn't work on login screen after shutdown - Similar Threads - Keyboard doesn't login

2. Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...: I am having a strange and frustrating issue with a brand new IntelNUC PC I bought last week. PC came with Windows 11 Pro already installed.If the computer boots up or is restarted, all connected physical keyboards will not respond correctly. Most keys don't do anything when...
  3. Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Pro: After Restart Keyboard Doesn't Work on Login Screen, Works After Opening...: I am having a strange and frustrating issue with a brand new IntelNUC PC I bought last week. PC came with Windows 11 Pro already installed.If the computer boots up or is restarted, all connected physical keyboards will not respond correctly. Most keys don't do anything when...
  4. Keyboard not working on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working on login screen: So I just recently got a new computer (Alienware Aurora R11) and so far until today, everything has been fine. I turned it on today though and none of the letter keys on my keyboard would function. Numbers, function keys, everything else was fine. But with no letters I wasn't...
  5. Keyboard not working after login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working after login Screen: My laptop keyboard stopped working after login, I can type loging information to login but after login it stop working, I tried on-screen keyboard and it working as short cut keys and start opening apps instead of typing. I have checked filter keys, Restarted laplop,...
  6. Keyboard doesn't work at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard doesn't work at login: I discovered this problem shortly after building my PC a few months ago. When I go to type my pin into the Windows 10 login screen, my keyboard doesn't work. I figured out I can get it to work by clicking the ease of access button first, then going back and typing my pin. I'm...
  7. Keyboard not working after login

Keyboard not working after login: Keyboard stopped working,5min or so after logging in to windows.Except media keys and aeroplane mode key. Restarting immediately haven't helped me. If i shutdown and keep it a side for couple of hours, then all the keys starts to work fine for couple of minutes and again...
  8. Keyboard not working at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at login screen: Hi. I see a lot of people are having different issues logging in. Went out last night for Christmas Eve and when we came home my son could not login to windows 10. At the login screen when we try to enter a pin nothing happened, it’s as if it’s not recognizing the keyboard at...
  9. Keyboard and mouse are not working in login screen after restoring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse are not working in login screen after restoring: I have restored my Windows 10 pc last night. But my keyboard and mouse are not working in the login screen. I don't have any CD or USB pendirve with windows 10. What should I do?...
  10. Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login

Keyboard doesn't work after Win 10 login: Hi Guys, I am looking for some help. After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 8.1 I can use my keyboard on my laptop to login but after that my keyboard ceases to work. The filter key box is not checked and my mouse works normally. Any tips or advice would be greatly...