Windows 10: Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

Discus and support Keyboard drivers damaged (probably) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After one of the recent system updates my keyboard started malfunctioning - I cannot enter low case "j". Upper case works. Same behavior with every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jan Balada, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

After one of the recent system updates my keyboard started malfunctioning - I cannot enter low case "j". Upper case works. Same behavior with every keyboard I tried. I am using USB keyboard. Tried on HP standard USB keyboard and a few others. All of the tested keyboards work on other systems without a glitch.

I tried to uninstall the drivers as advised on other threads here, but the suggested procedure actually does not remove drivers, only the device (the other threads suggested to remove via device manager, but as said, that does not affect the default drivers). Upon new keyboard install the system keeps using the original drivers - I was checking the first migration date, which is like a year old). When trying to update drivers, I get a prompt that my drivers are most up-to-date.

So, now the real question: how do I get rid of the keyboard drivers installed together with Win 10 completely and reinstall them? Deleting physically from drive would do the trick, perhaps?Keyboard drivers damaged (probably) :) Where do I find them?

Is there any other solution to the described problem? (please do not propose system reinstall. I am of course trying to avoid this solution, which would surely help, but would take couple days to bring my rig back to its original condition - too much data and software).

Thank you very much,

Jan

:)

Jan Balada, Mar 13, 2019
  2. peta01 Win User

Probably damaged RAM on 9800PRO

Thanks for all suggestions.

I will try to disable half of memmory using RaBit, as the damaged chip is on the back side of PCB.

peta01, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

Keyboard driver?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below to run hardware and device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• From the jump menu select Control Panel.

• On the Top right click on view by and select
      large icons.

• Go to troubleshooting.

• On the Left panel click View all items.

• Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest to follow method 2.

Method 2: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows + R key.

• In the pop up window type devmgmt.msc

• From the window right click Keyboards.

• From the jump menu select Update the driver software.

• Follow the ongoing instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the same issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with more information to assist you further.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

1. Keyboard drivers damaged (probably) - Similar Threads - Keyboard drivers damaged

2. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  3. Blue Screen Error Probably Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Error Probably Driver Issue: As described in the topic, Today, I got a blue screen error message saying: POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE along with some continuous buzzing noises in the process. Is there a way I can try to address this issue in the best way possible?Any help would be gladly appreciated..Link...
  4. Blue Screen Error Probably Driver Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error Probably Driver Issue: As described in the topic, Today, I got a blue screen error message saying: POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE along with some continuous buzzing noises in the process. Is there a way I can try to address this issue in the best way possible?Any help would be gladly appreciated..Link...
  5. Errors and probably Broken Drivers... help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Errors and probably Broken Drivers... help?: Hello guys, first of all i'm an AMD user so, if you can help me, keep reading. 3 days ago I had the 20.3 version from Adrenalin Radeon Software. I wanted to update it at 21.2 but suddenly it stopped at 69% 0:49 time, and after some moments it said "1603 error", then said some...
  6. Problem with BSOD probably a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with BSOD probably a driver: Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's almost every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or ISQL or some others I can't remember. Using a blue screen viewer I have come to the conclusion that it is always...
  7. bsod probably caused by a driver

bsod probably caused by a driver: i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix...
  8. Probably keyboard driver problem

Probably keyboard driver problem: Hi I've recently updated windows 10 and also updated all of my drivers ones with update available and after a few days it caused really serious problems to my keyboard. Some of the buttonsREALLY don't work properly. Most of the top bar buttons f1 ,f2 ,etc. and buttons d and c...
  9. Driver fail probably DMP files below

Driver fail probably DMP files below: Hey! Here's the access to the drive folder with the crashes with the dmp files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmOwBqIFT-SPgZRUU6vHq2O3cipzsg Glad if you can help me!...
  10. keyboard issues control button probably

keyboard issues control button probably: Hi there i'm facing a serious keyboard problem it'qs like my control button is always pressed but i'm not sure if that's the problem and the symptoms of this issue are -i can't type anything and even if i get to typr i get some weird signs like the euro sign and so and so...