Windows 10: Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

Discus and support Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nim0, Jan 23, 2022.

1. nim0 Win User

Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

[PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing anything last 2 days happens more and more. It happens in any program/app im using, it is random and sometimes lasts for 5 minutes straight. I checked if the enter key is stuck and it isnt, i changed ports and eventually I even remapped 'Enter' to another key. My keyboard still spams 'Enter' randomly even though I mapped Enter to a new key. When I unplug the keyboard I noticed that the spamming stops immediately. I dont have another keyboard

:)

2. ParaishM Win User

Remapping the detach key

Hello,

My physical detach key (on the keyboard) no longer works. After extensive troubleshooting and a visit to the microsoft store, it was determined that the issue is a problem with the actual key (i.e. hardware problem, not software problem). The detach key
    is not essential but it is practical, and I would like to remap it to replace another key if possible by editing the registry. However, I am unable to find the scancode for the detach key.

Is it possible to remap the physical detach key to another key (e.g. the "menu" button)?

Many thanks in advance.

ParaishM, Jan 23, 2022
  3. External keyboard keys remapped

Hi, some keys on my external keyboard that I use with my laptop have been remapped.

They have been remapped like this:

2 remapped to Insert

3 remapped to Home

4 remapped to 'W'

5 remapped to Delete

I tried the laptop's inbuilt keyboard and there are no issues whatsoever. I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue.

AbelBenoie, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

Leo Lowranse, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

1. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping. - Similar Threads - Keyboard 'Enter' key

2. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  3. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  4. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.: [PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing anything last 2 days happens more and more. It happens in any program/app im using, it is random and sometimes lasts for 5...
  6. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.: [PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing anything last 2 days happens more and more. It happens in any program/app im using, it is random and sometimes lasts for 5...
  7. Enter key has been remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter key has been remapped: Ok, this is really frustrated now, this is I think 3rd time after windows update that my keyboard became a mess, basically issue is Enter key - when I press it instead working as a Enter key should it types # and # key is actually an EnterTried changing they keyboard layout,...
  8. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically): Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-is-getting-pressed-automatically-not/35ceec6c-17e3-476a-9fd3-2801d99e1ebd