Windows 10: Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

Discus and support Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Before I go buy a new keyboard, wanted to check if anyone has any ideas. That random text should be \"hello\" This issue happens in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vnagornyy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only R4JSFwR_ACCy0QUvm_KIJIe4ZLdXoHI84loNt31_P0A.jpg

Before I go buy a new keyboard, wanted to check if anyone has any ideas.

That random text should be \"hello\"

This issue happens in File Explorer when trying to upload files in the browser. Only Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox are affected. For some reason, Edge works fine. So it's not a specific browser issue.

On-screen keyboard works without issues.

Tried the following troubleshooting and nothing has helped:

• Restarting
    • Uninstalling/re-installing/updating keyboard drives (many times)
    • Unplugging keyboard
    • Had to change hard drive in PC, so everything has been re-installed again
    • Windows is up-to-date as of 11/13/19

The keyboard is Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/vnagornyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vnagornyy, Nov 13, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Surface Book with Windows 10 occasionally types random characters

Hi Jeffrey,

If the keyboard inputs a random characters when pressing a key, it could be cause by a defective hardware, or that the driver of your keyboard may have been damaged or outdated. For us to properly assist you in using your keyboard, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it started?
    • Does the issue persist when you use a USB keyboard?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    File explorer

Hi Tasmiya,

Thank you for the update.

Any chance you can provide us with the Advance settings window on your File Explorer? We also suggest performing the following steps indicated below.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
    • sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    3.Restart the computer and check.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

I have a very random situation occurring. When I use the Print to PDF option within Windows 10, and the save file window comes up, the characters from my keyboard are completely random when trying to type the file name (and I don't get the same character
    each time I use the same key).

For example, the last time I tried it, hitting the "2" key five times gave me "w5trg".

I thought this issue may be specific to the computer which is a Surface Pro 4, but I have just purchased and set up a new Surface Pro 6 and it does exactly the same thing. It only happens with the detachable keyboard. If I remove the keyboard and use the
    onscreen keyboard that works fine.

Both computers are on Windows 10 and the operating systems are up to date.

Any ideas?

NeilSwain1, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

1. Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only - Similar Threads - Keyboard enters random

2. Keyboard entering random keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard entering random keys: Whenever I hit the number 1 or it won't let me click U on my key board it enters some random keys. Please help.1 Example: uioplkjhg;'/.[]=-0987654321Note: It's a razor keyboard...
  3. Keyboard entering random keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard entering random keys: Whenever I hit the number 1 or it won't let me click U on my key board it enters some random keys. Please help.1 Example: uioplkjhg;'/.[]=-0987654321Note: It's a razor keyboard...
  4. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  5. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  6. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard randomly inputs characters continuously, but it's complicated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard randomly inputs characters continuously, but it's complicated: This is driving me a little bit crazy. I booted up my laptop one day, and keys would just randomly type themselves in. Initially, it was the f,d, and \ keys. I'll elaborate more on the specific idiosyncracies later, but these keys would type themselves in UNPROMPTED. If I...
  8. Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.: I have Windows 10, file search after 'enter key' is annoying.So I enabled 'view option' in 'automatically type into the search box'.But that doesn't help me either.how can I fix this? Older windows version searched files or folders automatically without 'enter key'.I want to...
  9. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  10. Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows file explorer only searching after pressing enter.: Once every time I typed a letter in the search field it would show me the files but now it only searches when I press enter. It has been too annoying for me. [ATTACH] I have done that but it does nothing and still needs me to press enter before it searches. [ATTACH]...