Windows 10: Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

Discus and support Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I got a new Corsair K70 MK2 keyboard. I have the latest firmware and hit a roadblock with Corsair support. I have a Dell desktop PC with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pelicantooth, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

Hello,

I got a new Corsair K70 MK2 keyboard. I have the latest firmware and hit a roadblock with Corsair support.

I have a Dell desktop PC with bitlocker enabled no TPM.

When I start up my PC, just after the BIOS initialisation, my new keyboard cannot enter the password into bitlocker. The inputs are corrupted.

For example, if I connect a second keyboard via USB and press the "Insert" key on the second keyboard to view the Corsair keystrokes, pressing "S" on the new keyboard results in a "7" being displayed in the password prompt. Backspace on the new keyboard just adds a dummy character to the sequence instead of deleting characters. If I press anything on the Corsair keyboard, that also corrupts the inputs to the second keyboard.

If I don't press anything on the Corsair, I can type the password fine using the second keyboard, and once the PC reaches the Windows login prompt, the new keyboard works fine.

I've tried all combinations of USB ports, I've tried any BIOS setting that may be relevant I don't see an option to disable FastBoot. I've tried legacy bitlocker prompt, I've tried disabling Windows FastBoot, I enabled the policy "Enable use of Bitlocker authenatication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates".

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

:)

pelicantooth, Jun 4, 2020

2. BitLocker Password Entry

I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!) Unfortunately I am unable to enter it as my wireless keyboard does not respond. I tried a USB keyboard but that did not respond either. I believe that I have Fast Boot enabled in my UEFI settings which may be why the USB keyboard does not work, but I am unable to access UEFI outside of Windows (or at least I do not know how to) in order to disable Fast Boot. What options do I have at this stage? Is a PS2 keyboard likely to work - unfortunately I don't have one.

PeterAstle, Jun 4, 2020
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

BitLocker Password Entry

Thank you for your advice.
    I managed to resolve the problem by forcing shutdown three times in succession using the power button. On the fourth startup the keyboard began to respond. I was therefore able to enter my BitLocker password and get into Windows. I booted to UEFI settings and removed Fast Boot option. The keyboard appears to be responsive on each restart now so problem appears resolved.
    Remaining question is, "Is there no simple way of gaining access to UEFI settings without using Windows?"

PeterAstle, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

1. Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard entry corrupt

2. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  3. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble entering bitlocker password: I have bitlocker set up on my boot drive Windows 10. I haven't used my machine for 2 weeks due to a move. Now when I try to enter the password, every keystroke generates ~ 10 of the same character. Tried a new keyboard - same thing. No way to enter the proper password. How...
  4. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble entering bitlocker password: I have bitlocker set up on my boot drive Windows 10. I haven't used my machine for 2 weeks due to a move. Now when I try to enter the password, every keystroke generates ~ 10 of the same character. Tried a new keyboard - same thing. No way to enter the proper password. How...
  5. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......: Greetings--A little while ago I asked a question about disabling the startup password process, and the lack of "control_userpasswords2" in the new Windows updates. Below is the response I received - which worked just fine.However, when I recently went to do this process on a...
  7. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......: Greetings--A little while ago I asked a question about disabling the startup password process, and the lack of "control_userpasswords2" in the new Windows updates. Below is the response I received - which worked just fine.However, when I recently went to do this process on a...
  8. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker Drive Encryption - how to enter passwords on startup: I am using Windows 10 Professional on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I also use a SD card for additional storage, which I have encrypted with Bitlocker. When I start the computer, using either the pin or face recognition, the main drive is automatically accessed, however...
  10. BitLocker Password Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password Entry: I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corsair keyboard bitlocker