Windows 10: Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

Discus and support Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After attempting to download and install the English (United Kingdom) language pack I am getting a strange error with the English (United States)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snarkypuss, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

After attempting to download and install the English (United Kingdom) language pack I am getting a strange error with the English (United States) keyboard setting. It seems that the parenthesis key is giving me an @ and the @ key is giving me parenthesis. It's like the two keys switched. I did not get the full United Kingdom language pack installed because of an error during download and deleted it.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

Snarkypuss, Aug 22, 2017

2. Unable to install language packs or change display language

Yogeshwar's problem may be resolved but only after re-installing Windows 10. There is no solution to this problem if it occurs after an upgrade. I'm having the same problem after an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (10.0.10586 Build 10586). The language
    pack for EN-AU won't install and so I can't change the display language from English US to English - United Kingdom. I believe that there is a problem with the language pack that is being downloaded, in that it isn't compatible with the current build. I
    have also tried to integrate the language pack into the windows image and to add it using lpksetup. All attempts have failed.

This is a computer that I have upgraded for a client and unless Microsoft fixes this problem quickly I'll be giving it back to the client with the wrong display language or rolling it back to Windows 7. Talk about a bad result and a massive loss of time
    in trying to resolve the issue. It's not good enough Microsoft!

black narcissus, Aug 22, 2017
  3. Phone Backup does not work at all

*** Update 3

After the last experiments, believing I had a full backup in place (albeit without language packs installed) I left the Italian language pack in place, to await developments. Today, I attempted a manual backup and it worked - but the backup was 98mb, compared
    to the 6.4mb previously.

I installed two more language packs and tried again, and the update failed. I uninstalled the two I'd added, and it failed again. I uninstalled the Italian pack, too (so none installed) and the backup succeeded - but the size was back to a similar size
    to my earlier successful one, at 6.56mb.

I have no idea why the one backup could be 98mb, just with the addition of one language pack (which is only 35mb, and should not really be included in the backup, anyway).

I have now installed three packs and will wait to see.

kellettcorp, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Unkn0wn Win User

Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

Hi,

The question is that if you have any extra keyboards installed say language for it, (side note: if you have EN-US as the default windows display language you can still add the EN-GB keyboard to it and remove the EN-US one.) So to see what you have currently:

1st Go to Settings

Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack [​IMG]

2nd Time and Language

3rd Region and Language

4th Click on the language you have as default and select options.

5th Check what keyboards you have installed from the list

6th if its the wrong language one just click on the plus and search for the correct one.

7th After it is completed downloading the language preference make sure to change the layout from the taskbar.

A restart might be required, but it might not be essential, report back with further information to this problem.

Edit: Also sometimes even though you have a configuration of a different language pack it may correct or add an extra pack referred to your current location. which you can see just above the region settings.

~Unknown

Unkn0wn, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

1. Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack - Similar Threads - Keyboard error occurred

2. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  3. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  4. Reinstalling language pack failed after the latest build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling language pack failed after the latest build: Hi, my windows got updated to the latest build 22621.1848, after that I could no longer use chinese input, which were available before the update. I then uninstalled the language, and tried to add it back, but the installation stopped half way and never go any further. I then...
  5. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  6. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  7. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  8. Language pack installation

Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  9. Chinese language pack install failed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese language pack install failed.: Hi,I can't install the Chinese language and set it as system display language, the error code is 0x80070422. My device details are below.Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎08/‎09/‎2021 OS build 19042.906 Serial number 008356613757 Experience Windows Feature...
  10. Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack: Hi! I've been trying to install the English United States language pack, or more specifically, the speech recognition part of it; but whenever I try to download it, the download stops barely having done anything, and a red message appears saying it failed to install, along...