Windows 10: Keyboard failure after windows 10 update

Discus and support Keyboard failure after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo flex 4-1580 updated windows 10 but after restarting the keyboard and touch-pad stopped functioning. I tried to restore the previous version but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EddMo, Jun 25, 2020.

1. EddMo Win User

Keyboard failure after windows 10 update

Lenovo flex 4-1580 updated windows 10 but after restarting the keyboard and touch-pad stopped functioning. I tried to restore the previous version but got a message that 10 days have passed and therefore can not. How can I solve this without loosing the installed apps in the system?

:)

EddMo, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Keyboard failure after windows 10 update

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard failure after windows 10 update

1. Keyboard failure after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Keyboard failure update

2. Keyboard failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard failure: Hi When I push my start button, the system freezes, can anybody help me out of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-failure/a14379b9-a2ff-4f56-b03f-5a7bf855f07f
  3. KEYBOARD FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD FAILURE: Recently, one of my keys stopped responding, specifically the J, K, L, and ; buttons. I am currently using an On-Screen keyboard as I make my statements. I've tried searching for how to resolve this issue but none of the solutions I tried resolved my problems. My keys remain...
  4. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure: Windows 10 Update failure - now all I have are Update Error 0x800f0831 AND now after running the Update Troubleshooter as recommended by Microsoft a blue screen with the message “Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off you computer” for the last 60+ minutes on a frozen laptop.I...
  5. PC failure after Windows 10 update

PC failure after Windows 10 update: Hello everybody , my PC has almost 5 years till now it worked very well . A few weeks ago my PC automatically updated windows before it turned off , next day when i pressed the power button the PC started and loaded like always but when it logged in strange things started to...
  6. system failure windows 10 after update

system failure windows 10 after update: BSOD, COMPUTER WON'T BOOT UP, ERROR CODE b10HD1, says hard drives won't connect memory passed.I need some help on this, email me so I don't have to keep going to neighbors and can check on phone...
  7. WINDOWS FAILURE AFTER UPDATE

WINDOWS FAILURE AFTER UPDATE: I UPDATED MY PC TO THE 2004 UPDATE FOR SLOW INSIDERS AND AFTER A WEEK MY PC TAKES UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO BOOT. AFTER THAT INSTEAD OF SHOW THE LOGIN WINDOW IT SAYS THAT MY INSIDER BUILD HAS RUN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. I TRIED CHKDSK AND OTHER THINGS TOO. THE...
  8. Critical Failurer after updating windows 10

Critical Failurer after updating windows 10: Hi, I hope someone can help. I am currently on windows 10 build 1803. I keep have a message to say my system is missing important updates, which fail when trying to download so I have to do a repair with downloading latest updates to get them to work. However, the...
  9. windows 10 failure after update

windows 10 failure after update: aofter the latest update of Windows 10 my Toshiba Sattelie will not go past the wallpaper screen. No program icons. Office Depot says that Windows 10 needs to be reinstalled. Any other suggestions....
  10. Printer failure after Windows 10 update

Printer failure after Windows 10 update: I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, on a Dell OptiPlex GX620. My printer is an HP LaserJet 1300 that I've had for years and still works well. This is not a printer failure. The printer is connected to COM1 with a USB 3.0 cable. After a recent Windows 10 update, the...