Windows 10: keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation

Discus and support keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; suddenly I cannot access the punctuation symbols on the top line of my Lenovo wireless keyboard, numbers are okay but nothing else is there a simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterZK, Dec 17, 2018.

1. PeterZK Win User

keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation

suddenly I cannot access the punctuation symbols on the top line of my Lenovo wireless keyboard, numbers are okay but nothing else is there a simple solution. I have windows 10, also various other symbols such as the question mark, arrows, plus sign etc.This happened suddenly after my password failed to operate and I had to change it.

Is there a simple solution. I have a Lenovo wireless keyboard.

My keyboard drivers state they are up to date.

:)

PeterZK, Dec 17, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Punctuation

I had the exact same issue when I had US keyboard loaded, i had to press the space bar after each punctuation symbol.

Loading a UK keyboard is not the solution as you have seen as the @ and " are in different places on a UK keyboard

Go back to the language settings in Control Panel and add the US Touch keyboard, move it to the top of the list and delete the UK keyboard, then reboot.

Now the @ and " will be in the correct place and there will be no need to hit the spacebar after punctuation . . .

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Punctuation

In Windows 10, why do I have to press the space bar after I type a punctuation mark? How can I change the keyboard setting from US in Win 10?

TraceyStride, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation :)

Thema:

1. keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation - Similar Threads - keyboard failure mainly

2. Keyboard failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard failure: Hi When I push my start button, the system freezes, can anybody help me out of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-failure/a14379b9-a2ff-4f56-b03f-5a7bf855f07f
  3. KEYBOARD FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD FAILURE: Recently, one of my keys stopped responding, specifically the J, K, L, and ; buttons. I am currently using an On-Screen keyboard as I make my statements. I've tried searching for how to resolve this issue but none of the solutions I tried resolved my problems. My keys remain...
  4. Canon Printer is printing a line over the first line?

Canon Printer is printing a line over the first line?: Help, my Canon Printer is printing a line over the first line? * Original title: Canon Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-is-printing-a-line-over-the-first/72c667ea-0aa8-4646-85af-4f425604610a
  5. Punctuation

Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  6. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  7. System Failure On First Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure On First Boot: Hello! So, since the last windows update, I've been experiencing an issue- I'm not sure if it was actually caused by the update, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Whenever I start up the computer, my first attempt to boot it never gets past the OS boot-up; it'll usually...
  8. Keyboard failure

Keyboard failure: Keyboard is missing from device manager and I can't get it to be found or installed. I get keyboard failure at startup and no keyboard works only onscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-failure/a12857d7-5613-40e4-849b-ff604a1816cb
  9. Unsual punctuation in text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsual punctuation in text.: I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos...
  10. Punctuation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Punctuation problem: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening? TIA, Bob 28674

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do the punctuation marks and @signs keep moving on keyboard cumputer