Windows 10: keyboard freeze

Discus and support keyboard freeze in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11. Since the upgrade I find that there are occasions when the keyboard appears to freeze. By freeze I mean suddenly my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sammary, Nov 11, 2021.

1. sammary Win User

keyboard freeze

I am running Windows 11. Since the upgrade I find that there are occasions when the keyboard appears to freeze. By freeze I mean suddenly my keyboard strokes are not appearing. This is similar to the keyboard buffer catching up but it never does, the strokes are lost.My keyboard is connected to the computer via a dongle, the same one is used by the mouse. The mouse continues to work fine. I thought that the issue was related to an old keyboard but the new keyboard is exhibiting the same issue.The problem is not limited to a time of day. I've brought up the performance monitor when the issues h

:)

sammary, Nov 11, 2021

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard freeze

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

keyboard freeze

1. keyboard freeze - Similar Threads - keyboard freeze

2. Bluetooth keyboard freezes completely and afterwards the whole computer freezes Computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard freezes completely and afterwards the whole computer freezes Computer...: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeAsus ZenbookLogitech Bluetooth keyboard K380A4 tech Bluetooth mouse Sometimes my bluetooth keyboard K380 stops working completely. After the Bluetooth is disconnected, I try pressing the Bluetooth connection buttons on my keyboard to reestablish the...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard freezes completely and afterwards the whole computer freezes Computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keyboard freezes completely and afterwards the whole computer freezes Computer...: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeAsus ZenbookLogitech Bluetooth keyboard K380A4 tech Bluetooth mouse Sometimes my bluetooth keyboard K380 stops working completely. After the Bluetooth is disconnected, I try pressing the Bluetooth connection buttons on my keyboard to reestablish the...
  4. Keyboard freezes for sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  5. Keyboard freezes for sometime

Keyboard freezes for sometime: I am currently using windows 11. My laptop's keyboard freezes for some second. After pressing a key, the keyboard doesnt work. After 2 second keyboard responds. The problem is show for two or three week....
  6. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...
  7. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...
  8. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...
  10. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...