Windows 10: Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, 4 years old. Great little device but maddening problem. It is a 2-in-1 and I 've disabled "tablet mode" etc. I use it for ONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethLaVoie III, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, 4 years old. Great little device but maddening problem.

It is a 2-in-1 and I 've disabled "tablet mode" etc.

I use it for ONE THING ONLY. To hook up to TV and watch videos. I boot up, and all is well. But 90% of the time when I open a video, as soon as I do, the cursor and keyboard freeze. I can still manipulate via the touchscreen.

Other times it's moving the mouse for the first time that freezes it. I have to shut down, restart then all is well. It's like it's PROGRAMMED to do this ONE every OTHER log in session, but no more than once. I've even watched a video, shut that one down, then opened a 2d and that's when it freezes. So no rhyme or reason. Freezes basically when it's given ANY input whatsoever, with the first 5 input events (mousepad touch, screen move, file opening, etc.) then once rebooted, it generally won't do it again during the NEW reboot.

RESTARTING DOES NOT SOLVE. IT STAYS FROZEN. I literally have to hold the power button until everything goes dead, then restart.

:)

KennethLaVoie III, Jun 30, 2019

2. Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation

Today, at Autodesk University 2015, Lenovo unveiled the ThinkPad P40 Yoga, a high-performing mobile workstation that helps unleash the full power of professional creativity. The Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga delivers a first-class digital sketching experience with the ultimate in mobile workstation performance and reliability.

From digital artists storyboarding the latest Hollywood blockbuster to engineers designing the next hot new car, creative professionals need to both sketch their designs and bring those designs to life. To do this, users typically to purchased two systems - a tablet to deliver the sensitivity and accuracy of a premium sketching experience and a mobile workstation to render designs in powerful applications.

Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 Lenovo_ThinkPad_P40_Yoga_001_thm.jpg

Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 Lenovo_ThinkPad_P40_Yoga_002_thm.jpg

Designing with Power
    As the first-ever multimode mobile workstation, the ThinkPad P40 Yoga offers the versatility to work across four modes-laptop, stand, tent and tablet-giving professionals the flexibility to do more no matter the use. The system provides the utmost in sketching precision through a highly responsive pen and touchscreen powered by the Wacom Active ES technology, offering a full, 2,048 levels of pressure sensitivity on a high-res (2560 x 1440) IPS display. Professional artists and designers have been clear with the need for absolute precision and accuracy. Working with Wacom, Lenovo developed a unique driver to get closer than ever to the 'pen to paper' experience. For a comfortable and realistic sketching experience, the rechargeable ThinkPad Pen Pro is included, along with additional pen tips providing varied levels of tactile feedback for the professional community.

"Sketching is the foundation of everything we do," said Kyle Runciman, industrial designer and strategic content manager, Autodesk. "Designers can sketch for months to hone their ideas, and when they do get them to a point where they feel they're ready for prime time, they can benefit from a separate, ISV-certified mobile workstation to visualize the designs. The ability to perform all of these capabilities on a single machine is huge for our industry."

Along with its premium sketching capabilities, Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga offers mobile workstation performance without compromise. Powered by an NVIDIA Quadro M500M GPU with 2 GB VRAM, the ThinkPad P40 Yoga is certified to run a full range of professional applications without compromise. Moreover, the system also features an Intel 6th Generation Core i7 CPU and up to 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB SSD storage for ultrafast processing.

And for the first time in a mobile workstation, the Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga features Lenovo's innovative Lift 'n Lock keyboard with a frame that automatically rises around the keys when the Yoga device switches into tablet mode, giving users the ability to work in a more comfortable and efficient manner. The machine features tried-and-true ThinkPad reliability for maximum uptime in or out of the office, with long battery life, Mil-SPEC tested construction to ensure uptime under the toughest conditions, and a lightweight design using advanced materials.

Lenovo ThinkPad P50s and Lenovo ThinkStation P310
    Along with the ThinkPad P40 Yoga, Lenovo also announced the ThinkPad P50s and ThinkStation P310. The ThinkPad P50s completes the ThinkPad P Series family, featuring a more affordable premium functionality and advanced performance in a thinner, lighter mobile workstation. Innovative features of the ThinkPad P50s include a 3K IPS display for crystal-clear images and Lenovo Power Bridge technology, which allows for up to 17 hours of battery life,1 enabling users to keep their work going at all times.

Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 Lenovo_ThinkPad_P50s_001_thm.jpg

Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 Lenovo_ThinkStation_P310_001_thm.jpg

The newest addition to the Lenovo ThinkStation P Series, the ThinkStation P310, builds on the success of the Lenovo ThinkStation P300, offering an entry-level machine with the advanced technology of a high-end workstation. Featuring the new Intel Xeon E3-1200v5 and the latest NVIDIA GPU technology, the system also doubles the memory capacity of previous entry-level workstations, offering up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM and support for FLEX drives with Samsung M.2 NVMe SSDs.

Value-added Options
    The Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga can be purchased with the optional battery-powered ThinkPad Pen Pro Lenovo's advanced stylus that uses industry-leading Wacom technology for enhanced precision and comfort. Additionally, the ThinkPad P40 Yoga supports Lenovo OneLink+, the next generation cable docking solution enabling all docking functions and power delivery in a single connection, making it the ideal solution for users leveraging multiple devices to save time and do more. The Lenovo ThinkPad P50s can be purchased with the optional ThinkPad Ultra Dock, a new dock featuring more horsepower to drive mobile workstations and more versatile docking connectors.

Availability and Pricing
    The new ThinkPad P40 Yoga, ThinkPad P50s and ThinkStation P310 will be available starting in Q1 2016 through Lenovo business partners and on www.lenovo.com. Pricing for the ThinkPad P40 Yoga begins at $1399, while the ThinkPad P50s begins at $1299. The Lenovo ThinkStation P310 begins at $729. More information about the ThinkPad P Series, including an interactive tour of the ThinkPad P40 Yoga, can be found at www.thinkworkstations.com.

Cristian_25H, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Lenovo Announces ThinkPad L390 and L390 Yoga Ready for Business

Source: The Lenovo ThinkPad L390 and L390 Yoga are ready for business, whatever the size - Microsoft 365 Blog

See also: Ready for Business, Whatever the Size | Lenovo Newsroom

Brink, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10

Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e will NOT update to Win 10 Anniversary (1611 build)

Attempted Win 10 Anniversary Update on Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e FAILED.

Updated without problems:

Lenovo 15.5

Lenovo Thinkpad 11e (NOT yoga Touchscreen)

Asus 15.5

Asus Transformer 32Gb memory!!! (OK, I had to use a flash drive, because of limited disk space. Having said that the update itself was painless – try that on a Microsoft Surface or Surface 2!!!)

Been working on this for over a month now and still can’t get to 1607 from 1511.

I’ve tried the BIOS edits suggested by the Lenovo community – NONE work for me.

I’ve tried the MS community suggestions, using Win Update, Media Creation Tool, creating a bootable flash drive. NONE work for me.

The yoga hangs EVERY time. The best I can get is 91% complete and the wheel goes around and around. I’ve even left it spinning for FIVE days. The system never shutdown and rebooted. I’ve had to manually force shutdown.

At the 91% point, after reboot (this is BEST case scenario) the system reboots – the Win 10 Anniversary screen flashes up then the system reverts to the 1511 build.

I’m guessing some sort of software/driver problem.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

dave smith

merddynemrys, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10

1. Keyboard freezes every startup, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga w/Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard freezes every

2. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.: I'm not sure if I broke something, my foot caught the cord yesterday. I already tried restarting it. The laptop is plugged in, it knows it's plugged in. It doesn't seem to be losing much/any charge it was at 47% when I woke it up and is at 46% after several hours of use, but...
  3. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.: I'm not sure if I broke something, my foot caught the cord yesterday. I already tried restarting it. The laptop is plugged in, it knows it's plugged in. It doesn't seem to be losing much/any charge it was at 47% when I woke it up and is at 46% after several hours of use, but...
  4. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 plugged in, but not charging.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Touch screen not working

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Touch screen not working: So I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Gen 1, It was bought very recently so I have no idea why but suddenly my touchscreen stopped functioning. I checked in device manager and it said 'error code 45 device not connected' or something like that. I tried uninstalling the device...
  6. Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11S refuses to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11S refuses to connect to internet: History: Always have had issues with distance from router, dropping signal, etc. But usually remedied by moving physically closer. Got new fiber optic internet in home, computer would not recognize router. Would recognize other networks further away, but not one immediately...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 randomly freezes my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd gen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 2004 randomly freezes my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd gen: My system updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 a few days ago and I immediately had problems. Every task became slower. Everything I typed was delayed before it appeared onscreen. The day after it installed, I couldn't use my computer because after a few minutes it became...
  8. my lenovo yoga keyboard not working.

my lenovo yoga keyboard not working.: my lenovo yoga keyboard not working.It wont even detect usb keyboard mouse aand usb mouse working properly.keyboRD tester does not detect any keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-yoga-keyboard-not-working/55b3639d-fcae-4cd3-9885-fac098cdbeec
  9. Lenovo Yoga Keyboard

Lenovo Yoga Keyboard: My new computer keyboard is not lighting up. Is there anything I can do to get it to come on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-keyboard/87327186-bd96-46fa-8a3d-d29139942ea6
  10. Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop

Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop: The-spacebar-on-my-keyboard-does-not-work,-nor-does-the-backspace-work-return-does-not-work-also. As-you-can-imagine-this-is-very-frustrating. I-have-checked-sticky-keys-is-not-on-i-have-updated-drivers. Help please. The problem is the issue is intermittent as you can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad keyboard freeze

2. lenovo keyboard freezes

3. thinkpad x1 yoga freezes

4. lenovo yoga 920 keyboard windows 10 1903