Windows 10: Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week

Discus and support Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I haven't found a rhyme or reason, but as the title states, my keyboard freezes sometimes. Shortly after I lose the ability to type, the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClueSea435, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week

Hello,

I haven't found a rhyme or reason, but as the title states, my keyboard freezes sometimes. Shortly after I lose the ability to type, the mouse stops working. I've had this laptop for less than a year. I don't recall when the issue started, but I think its gotten worse (up to once a week now, most likely).

I saw an old post about reinstalling Windows, but I'm wondering what could be the actual cause and if I could take steps that aren't as drastic.

submitted by /u/ClueSea435
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClueSea435, Jan 13, 2021

2. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working.

Hello,

My keyboard and mouse after 10 minutes is freeze and stop working during games, internet browsing etc. And the only way to solve this is to replace my mouse and keyboard in other USB ports. But when it's freeze again i have to make force restart.

This happening about 2 weeks, and i can't find out any solution.. With this problem i can't do anything..

Please help me fix this.

My mouse is Logitech B100 M/N:M-U0026

My keyboard is Titanum TKR101

Armandas G., Jan 13, 2021
  3. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This happens absolutely randomly, and after a bunch of times, both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working. They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer, and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again. The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again [temporarily], is to restart the PC using the main power button. When they stop working, the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard, but the keyboard does not respond, and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking, when it normally has never done that. Everything else is still working, such as any music playing, and the internet. And that is why I am posting, so that perhaps someone could find a solution.

ChocoRolls, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week

1. Keyboard freezes, mouse stops working- happens like once a week - Similar Threads - Keyboard freezes mouse

2. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  3. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  4. this happens once a week. Turned it off this time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this happens once a week. Turned it off this time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anteroxz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x7zx3d/this_happens_once_a_week_turned_it_off_this_time/
  5. Computer Freezing once a week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing once a week.: Hello everyone,I am having an issue with a computer freezing up around once a week.Current events are.================================Event ID: 201Source AppModel-Runtime - Execution [ ProcessID] 1004 [ ThreadID] 2780 PackageName...
  6. Computer Freezing once a week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezing once a week.: Hello everyone,I am having an issue with a computer freezing up around once a week.Current events are.================================Event ID: 201Source AppModel-Runtime - Execution [ ProcessID] 1004 [ ThreadID] 2780 PackageName...
  7. Computer Freezing once a week.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works: I have a HP OMEN 15-cex series laptop. Recently I encountered a blue screen error, so I reset my Laptop, reinstalled Windows and I cleaned all the dust inside my laptop as well. Now the BSOD has stopped occurring but my laptop suddenly freezes ( especially while gaming,...
  9. This glitch happens very rarely (maybe happens once a week, some weeks never happen,) and I...

This glitch happens very rarely (maybe happens once a week, some weeks never happen,) and I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KhazixMain4th [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4jncw/this_glitch_happens_very_rarely_maybe_happens/
  10. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...