Windows 10: Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

Discus and support Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started to use a mechanical keyboard but I encountered a problem, whenever I play a video regardless of browser the keyboard freezes, so any key that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryan Pang-, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

I started to use a mechanical keyboard but I encountered a problem, whenever I play a video regardless of browser the keyboard freezes, so any key that is held down will be held and no other key is registered. When there no input before the start of the video, no key presses can be registered.

I tired looking into power-saving settings but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

:)

Ryan Pang-, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 12, 2018
  3. PaulaNees Win User
    Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

Watching Videos through the Browser in Windows 10

Hi Floyd,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you have issues watching videos in different browsers, this maybe an issues with the graphics driver not loaded properly.

• What is the Make and Model of the computer?
    • What is the exact error displayed on Browser?
    Provide us the Event viewer logs by trying these steps:

1. Press Win + X key on the keyboard and choose
    Event Viewer.

2. Check theApplication logs and provide us the events that occur when you try to play a Video on the Browser.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

1. Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos - Similar Threads - Keyboard Freezes Watching

2. Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that their Windows computer freezes or crashes when watching videos. It does not matter whether they watch videos online in their web browsers or offline in media player software, their computer either freezes or crashes. If you are facing the...
  3. PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games: Ok so to start off and describe what is going on, as of recently my laptop has seemed to be acting weird and It's getting extremely irritating. An issue has appeared out of nowhere that has been causing my screen to freeze for a split second when doing certain things on my...
  4. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  5. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

7. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  8. Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video: Hi All, I have an HP laptop running Windows10 pro 64bit, I cant watch videos, I tried searching online and most solutions required watching a video so that was no good, one answer told me to change my visual c drivers I did that but it made no difference, I had no...
  9. Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS: Hello Everyone, Since I updated/upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) my computer freezes very often when watching videos. At first I thought it was a bad installation (garbage left out from my Windows 7 since I had not formatted my computer in a long time)....
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...