Windows 10: Keyboard frozen on login screen

Discus and support Keyboard frozen on login screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, please can someone help me out? I haven't used my dell inspiron laptop for a month or so, turned it on yesterday and it did some sort of upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hbarnes, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hbarnes Win User

Keyboard frozen on login screen

Hi, please can someone help me out? I haven't used my dell inspiron laptop for a month or so, turned it on yesterday and it did some sort of upgrade which took a while. Eventually took me to my Windows 10 login page. I could move the cursor around and use the tab key and that's it! I can't even use the icons in the corner to reboot or bring up the on screen keyboard. Nothing is working. I've tried pushing Shift and Enter and rebooting that way with the power button but it's still the same! I have tried a USB keyboard but only the same key worked as on my laptop keyboard?! Please can someone help!!

:)

Hbarnes, Jan 5, 2017
  2. Bulansky Win User

Stuck at Choose your keyboard layout

"Reset Your PC" requires that you get to the Login screen but the point here is that the PC boots into a frozen screen for Keyboard Layout. The screen is frozen at Choose Keyboard Layout. There is no possible keyboard action. Even Ctrl-Alt-Del does
    nothing. Your instruction to reset the pc does not make sense.

Bulansky, Jan 5, 2017
  3. windows 10

turn on power...get to login screen...mouse and keyboard frozen..dell windows 10...last upgrade creators...this problem was showing up occasionally...now unable to sign on.

DonaldHughesRP, Jan 5, 2017
  4. Hbarnes Win User

Update, I have managed to get my on screen keyboard up somehow, but still nothing!! It clicks as if you are pushing the buttons but absolutely nothing comes up on screen. Apart from the tab button again!

Hbarnes, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard frozen on login screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard frozen login

2. On screen keyboard Stuck in Login Screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    On screen keyboard Stuck in Login Screen.: Hey i want to know how to remove on screen keyboard ? I already unchecked the on screen keyboard option from ease to access center.Please Help me.It only appears in log in screen....
  3. On screen keyboard Stuck in Login Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard Stuck in Login Screen.: Hey i want to know how to remove on screen keyboard ? I already unchecked the on screen keyboard option from ease to access center.Please Help me.It only appears in log in screen....
  4. On screen keyboard Stuck in Login Screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  6. My PC is frozen on login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is frozen on login screen.: After exiting out of my account on the computer i just switched it to another account to let the password be entered. Its been frozen for a day now and im not sure what the problem is. submitted by /u/JimothyPepper [link] [comments]...
  7. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  8. Login Screen - Frozen Forcing Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login Screen - Frozen Forcing Hard Reboot: On two separate occasions over the past month (the last being 2018-02-27 around 1830hrs), I've locked my computer using the Windows+L option only to return to find it frozen. I use Dell's Security Tools (DDP Console) on my Precision 3520 laptop for FIPS fingerprint...
  9. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...
  10. Windows 10 login screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 login screen is frozen: Hello! I would be very grateful if you can help me. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Today I switched it on, the welcome screen did not appeared as usual but the login/password screen showed instead. However I cannot type the password, cannot select the power button or...