Windows 10: Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

Discus and support Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClearlyFred, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible. The keyboard is functional outside of tablet mode.Reading other posts I can see that other users have found this to be a Windows 10 issue.I have seen a reply on a couple of posts asking to test the above features so if you could proceed to the next step I would appreciate it.Many thanks.

:)

ClearlyFred, Nov 29, 2021

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 29, 2021
  3. How to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up in tablet mode

In tablet mode the on-screen keyboard rarely pops up when touching a text input field, and there is no task bar and no touch keyboard icon. What is the point of tablet mode if I can't use it as a tablet? Touch functionality took 3 steps back in Win10.
    compared to 8.1.

Mark McQuaide, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Vector99 Win User

Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode

same issue here - just installed cumulative update and the touchscreen is no longer functioning on my Yoga 3-13 in any mode - laptop through tablet. Can use the physical keyboard though. Tried to roll back the update but it's not listed in the install
    history - ughh

Vector99, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

1. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode - Similar Threads - Keyboard Functionality Tablet

2. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  3. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  4. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users: Hey everyone, so I've currently got a tablet that I am setting up for disabled users around my workplace and I've run into a bit of an issue.By default, the setting that enables the use of the tablet mode screen keyboard is off by default and seems to only be configurable on...
  5. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users

Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users: Hey everyone, so I've currently got a tablet that I am setting up for disabled users around my workplace and I've run into a bit of an issue.By default, the setting that enables the use of the tablet mode screen keyboard is off by default and seems to only be configurable on...
  6. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  7. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  8. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...