Windows 10: Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

Discus and support Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear community, I have a problem that I need assistance with. About 2 days ago, my SteelSeries Apex 500m mech keyboard started giving input without my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kristodian, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

Dear community, I have a problem that I need assistance with.

About 2 days ago, my SteelSeries Apex 500m mech keyboard started giving input without my interference.

It presses buttons without me doing anything

Or giving wrong input (sometimes different buttons while pressing the same) , sometimes whole line of buttons light up on the test I did via keyboard testing website.

Some more info:

Keyboard is pretty new, bought December 2016

Those crazy attacks ( they dont happen constantly ) could be from minutes to hours long. And repeat...

It never happened before

I dont eat or drink close to my keyboard ( it is on a roll-in shelf under the table )

I cleaned it yesterday, only hair, no liquid marks, no sticky areas.

I took it to work to test. Seems like working fine with my work computer as I am typing this right now. (but I will leave it on with an open word document to see if it records some malfunctions)

My work computer is with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

My home PC is with Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Cables undamaged

Drivers up to date

Reinstalled and installed the keyboard back again from device manager

--So far no solution--

So what I figured out until now is that the keyboard is probably undamaged ( will know, after my shift ends in 6 hours, if it malfunctioned during that time )

I remember that couple days ago my home Windows had an update.

I thought maybe this could be somehow related.

I would like to hear opinions and more than that, Your solutions.

Thanks

Pavel

:)

Kristodian, Aug 10, 2018

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Aug 10, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Help with the keyboard input

Hi, I think you may be able to resolve this by going to the control panel here:

Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching [​IMG]

and setting your desired input method as 'override' rather than 'Use Language list'

dalchina, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

1. Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching - Similar Threads - Keyboard wrong input

2. Keyboard giving random inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard giving random inputs: At random times, for no reason, various programs that I run start turning keyboard inputs into random letters. Aside from some programs being more prone to fail than others, and that none of the programs involved are related, the only conclusion I have come to is that it has...
  3. Keyboard giving random inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard giving random inputs: At random times, for no reason, various programs that I run start turning keyboard inputs into random letters. Aside from some programs being more prone to fail than others, and that none of the programs involved are related, the only conclusion I have come to is that it has...
  4. Keyboard giving random inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. random keyboard input without typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random keyboard input without typing: my Windows 11 computer either has a keyboard input issue due to recent windows update or is infected with malware that is causing a series of random characters to be entered whatever the active input field is.I cannot login and now even when I attempt to start in safe mode or...
  6. random keyboard input without typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random keyboard input without typing: my Windows 11 computer either has a keyboard input issue due to recent windows update or is infected with malware that is causing a series of random characters to be entered whatever the active input field is.I cannot login and now even when I attempt to start in safe mode or...
  7. Touch screen registers input on wrong screen.

Touch screen registers input on wrong screen.: I have two dell touch Monitors. one of them is Dell touch All in one Pc, other only touch monitor which is connected to Dell touch all in one PC through Display cable. Primary Monitor is Dell touch All in one. when I touch on primary display it effects on other monitor...
  8. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  9. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...
  10. Taskbar and touch input

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and touch input: Recently I have noticed that the taskbar will not respond to ANY touch input, but works perfectly fine with the mouse. I only noticed this in the past week, I have gone so far as to reset the system and wipe all data to reinstall, and the issue was still present when the...