Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

Discus and support Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear community, I have a problem that I need assistance with. About 2 days ago, my SteelSeries Apex 500m mech keyboard started giving input without my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kristodian, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:32 PM.

1. Kristodian Win User

Dear community, I have a problem that I need assistance with.

About 2 days ago, my SteelSeries Apex 500m mech keyboard started giving input without my interference.

It presses buttons without me doing anything

Or giving wrong input (sometimes different buttons while pressing the same) , sometimes whole line of buttons light up on the test I did via keyboard testing website.

Some more info:

Keyboard is pretty new, bought December 2016

Those crazy attacks ( they dont happen constantly ) could be from minutes to hours long. And repeat...

It never happened before

I dont eat or drink close to my keyboard ( it is on a roll-in shelf under the table )

I cleaned it yesterday, only hair, no liquid marks, no sticky areas.

I took it to work to test. Seems like working fine with my work computer as I am typing this right now. (but I will leave it on with an open word document to see if it records some malfunctions)

My work computer is with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

My home PC is with Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Cables undamaged

Drivers up to date

Reinstalled and installed the keyboard back again from device manager

--So far no solution--

So what I figured out until now is that the keyboard is probably undamaged ( will know, after my shift ends in 6 hours, if it malfunctioned during that time )

I remember that couple days ago my home Windows had an update.

I thought maybe this could be somehow related.

I would like to hear opinions and more than that, Your solutions.

Thanks

Pavel

:)

2. Darwin Dim Win User

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

3. dalchina Win User
    Help with the keyboard input

Hi, I think you may be able to resolve this by going to the control panel here:

Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching [​IMG]

and setting your desired input method as 'override' rather than 'Use Language list'

4. unidentified Win User

Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:51 PM
Thema:

1. Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching - Similar Threads - Keyboard wrong input

2. MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail and Edge will not accept keyboard input: I am helping a friend that has problems with MS Mail and People. She can receive email but cannot type in anything in MS Mail. Also, all her People contacts have changed to only showing phone numbers and not email addresses. Tried to open Edge but cannot type in anything....
  3. OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?: Hello, I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive account. I have sent my referral link to a friend and she made a new OneDrive account through that link but we both haven't...
  4. microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts: Hello, I am using a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10, with an external monitor and microsoft designer keyboard. The problem is that i can with the plugin keyboard of surface do all keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v, which i cannot do on the designer keyboard. like...
  5. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  6. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  7. bdos randomly just want to know what went wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bdos randomly just want to know what went wrong: here is the mini dump file https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aiv6T9qpPR6GgYR5xcfjzEsmAVS3vg the reason why there's two is because my computer crashed earlier as well but the newest one didn't show a blue screen if you could look at both i would appreciate it and if it has anything to do...
  8. Viewing a Word Doc without Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing a Word Doc without Office: How can I view and possibly print a Word Doc in Google Docs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/viewing-a-word-doc-without-office/f6a6b4ab-7b9f-4023-b4c5-666fa5da885e
  9. Chinese Bopomofo (Zhuyin) Keyboard Requires Admin Credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Bopomofo (Zhuyin) Keyboard Requires Admin Credentials: User needs to use Bopomofo keyboard. Everything is set up correctly to use, but when she toggles it on, she gets several admin credentials popping up, and if you put admin credentials in all of the boxes, it still won't allow the keyboard to be toggled on. It says it cannot...
  10. touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch screen stopped working: My touch screen on my Hp notebook stopped working. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/touch-screen-stopped-working/69d18168-466d-4c9f-b7af-f22bbd03b7b4