Windows 10: Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

Discus and support Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MP2007AZ, Oct 23, 2020.

1. MP2007AZ Win User

Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's almost as though a ghost has taken over my keyboard. Any attempt to type anything such as a URL, a Google search, or a start box item results in inputs to the computer that barely resemble the keys that were hit. There are also activities that occur completely out of the blue without ever hitting any key. For example, merely clicking the cursor into the Google search bar immediately causes a period to appear and a search to occur i.e., as though someone had hit the Period key immediately followed by the Enter key. Like I said above, its almost impossible to enter anything accurately and the screen looks like its having a seizure with letters, numbers, and symbols appearing randomly who's keys were never hit. The CAPS LOCK also comes on randomly no matter how many times I shut it off.

I have updated Windows, rebooted the computer multiple times, ran anti-virus scans, uninstalled/re-installed the keyboard and its driver, etc., so I've done the obvious things to no avail.

Is this a hardware issue only and just time to replace the keyboard?

Or is there something else I should do first?

Thank you,

MJP

:)

MP2007AZ, Oct 23, 2020

2. Computer going Haywire

No, I have to say that did not work for me. Since I downloaded windows 10 to my laptop the screen just keeps on flashing off and on. I can't get passed that screen to do anything. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

MelindaHatton, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Computer going Haywire

Hi Melinda Hatton,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode

Method 1: Safe Mode.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press
      ENTER.

If you are able to boot your computer into Safe Mode, I suggest you to update your graphic and all other driver check.

Method 2: update drivers.

Before you update the drivers, please enable the computer to get automatic updates,

Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also download the latest graphic and all other drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

Bluetooth keyboard keeps going to sleep after 10 sec

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the methods given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    6. Check if issue persists.

Method 2: I suggest you to the below steps to change the settings for keyboard and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X” and go to “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Right click on the “Bluetooth keyboard” and click on “properties”.
    • Under “hardware tab” click on the keyboard device and go to “properties”.
    • Then under “general” tab click on “change settings”.
    • Click on “power management” tab and uncheck the box “allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    • Then click on “ok” and restart the computer, check if the issue persist or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

1. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use - Similar Threads - Keyboard going haywire

2. Keyboard input issues, regular use of PC almost impossible,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issues, regular use of PC almost impossible,: Hello, I've been experiencing issues with my keyboard recently.For example, Sometimes it will spam the left ALT key, and I am unable to do anything unless i do ctrl alt delete, which only works a percentile of the time. More recently it has started to not recognise my CTRL,...
  3. Keyboard input issues, regular use of PC almost impossible,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issues, regular use of PC almost impossible,: Hello, I've been experiencing issues with my keyboard recently.For example, Sometimes it will spam the left ALT key, and I am unable to do anything unless i do ctrl alt delete, which only works a percentile of the time. More recently it has started to not recognise my CTRL,...
  4. Updating almost impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating almost impossible: My windows 10 PC downloading updates is impossible as of the moment. The download button is greyed out and will not provide you option to update. The last update was last month this year so im aware that it is just working before. I dont know what happens and why I cant...
  5. Updating almost impossible

Updating almost impossible: My windows 10 PC downloading updates is impossible as of the moment. The download button is greyed out and will not provide you option to update. The last update was last month this year so im aware that it is just working before. I dont know what happens and why I cant...
  6. Updating almost impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC almost impossible to properly use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC almost impossible to properly use: For about 3 Weeks my PC started to act up, then it started to crash because of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. After some research i concluded that my RAM might be damaged. I bought new RAM, but now the PC crashed because of System Eception Service. My PC can't seem to be keeping data, if...
  8. PC almost impossible to properly use

PC almost impossible to properly use: For about 3 Weeks my PC started to act up, then it started to crash because of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. After some research i concluded that my RAM might be damaged. I bought new RAM, but now the PC crashed because of System Eception Service. My PC can't seem to be keeping data, if...
  9. PC almost impossible to properly use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Screen going haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen going haywire: Hey there. So not too long ago I've started using Microsoft Teams due to online classes. Now, after installing it, some windows seem to go haywire. Here's an example image of what my screen sometimes looks like when in Microsoft Teams, League of Legends or something else....