Windows 10: Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key

Discus and support Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i got a new keyboard a few days ago, the first six hours i had it everything was fine, after a restart it started to do TTThis. While holding any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevICeNigHTmaRe, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key

So i got a new keyboard a few days ago, the first six hours i had it everything was fine, after a restart it started to do TTThis. While holding any key the key will be repeated in rapid succession, this shouldn't happen. Like in a game, i will hold W to move forward, this seems normal yeah, but it will stop and start walking over and over, unless i hit a different key, lets say i am playing minecraft and i start walking it will start to do that shuddering walk i explained, but if i tap shift to sprint while still holding w the repeating issue go away for the key until i release it and then repress it. This will happen for any key, lets say i hit S and f right after while still holding s the repeating for s will stop and act normal till i let go and press it again. Yes i have tried all the repeat keys stuff it changes nothing, if i turn on filter keys i can't move in a game, it will walk for about half a second then act like i released the key. If anyone could help me with this i'd really like the help. I have done all the uninstalling driver stuff and all that, i have tried everything. This happens in safe mode aswell, but not in bios. The keyboard also don't do this in other systems

:)

DevICeNigHTmaRe, Apr 10, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key

Cant press and hold keys

Hi Hamish,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you using a Desktop Computer or a Laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific to any functionalities?
    • Have you updated the latest keyboard driver?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Keyboard driver.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click on the Keyboard driver and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the keyboard drivers.

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click the keyboard driver and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install the latest keyboard driver in a compatibility mode and check if it works.Follow the steps below:

a. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key

1. Keyboard having weird issues while holding a key - Similar Threads - Keyboard having weird

2. Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding": Over the past couple of days both my mouse, touchpad on my computer and keyboard on my laptop have been having issues "holding buttons". Neither my mouse or touch pad will drag and hold anything without dropping the target early. For example, if I try to highlight text it...
  3. Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding": Over the past couple of days both my mouse, touchpad on my computer and keyboard on my laptop have been having issues "holding buttons". Neither my mouse or touch pad will drag and hold anything without dropping the target early. For example, if I try to highlight text it...
  4. weird keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  5. weird keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  6. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Keys behaving weird: Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-behaving-weird/bb793a97-9597-4b1b-a352-a92c89c7dea8
  7. Weird Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Keyboard Issue: When I press 0 on my keyboard, it also attempts to 'return' or 'enter' and is becoming incredibly frustrating while typing in passwords. My CTRL+C and CTRL+V buttons are not working either. When typing, if I spell something wrong and want to press the right arrow to skip...
  8. Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.: When i hold down a single key, the key repeats but not just when typing, but also when gaming and everything else. It is really annoying. When i hold down 2 keys, it works properly, but not when holding 1 key. It's hard to explain....
  9. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  10. Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard

Have to hold down the ö-letter key on my keyboard: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard that started a couple of months ago, i have a nordic language keyboard, and all language settings are set to swedish as they should be. On nordic keyboards there are "special keys" like å and ä, and i have a problem with the third...