Windows 10: Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Discus and support Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GloVa, Oct 28, 2019.

1. GloVa Win User

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding shift to crouch for several seconds, I'd let go and I was stuck in crouch for a couple of seconds. Even if I repeatedly press the key while it is happening, it doesn't fix the issue and I have to wait for it to stop holding the button down. From what I've seen, it can happen with multiple keys, holding shift in Minecraft and holding x in Celeste. It also doesn't start happening immediately, where for around the first 10 minutes of playing Celeste, this issue doesn't occur, but then starts happening out of nowhere. When it does start happening, I have tested it in other applications such as Google Chrome and Notepad, where the key is still repeatedly pressed for a few seconds after released.

I have looked at filter-keys and sticky-keys neither of which appear to be the issue. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver, this has not fixed it. Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue would be appreciated.

:)

GloVa, Oct 28, 2019

2. on my keyboard I can't hold down key's

Hi Ayden,

If you're meaning to physically hold down the buttons on your keyboard, we believe that wouldn't be possible unless the button you're trying to hold has a switch to hold it down or by using something to hold the button down. To clear up the issue that you're
    having, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Tell us what is the make and the model of your device?
    • Are you trying to turn on your Wifi using a button on your keyboard?
    • Kindly describe the situation you're in why you need to hold buttons on your keyboard.
    • Tell us which buttons are you referring to.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Key holding problem

when i am holding a key for litterally one second this happens : vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

when it should type this:vvvvv

it seems like everytime i hold my keys the letter gets pressed alot! that does it for ever letter

everytime i hold the key down it types to many of the letter!

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

KuixyPlaysBtd, Oct 28, 2019
  4. TrevorZC. Win User

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

My wireless keyboard is not working I have to hold the keys for a few seconds before the key is produced on screen

I have to hold the keys down for a few seconds before the key is produced on screen.

Any help

TrevorZC., Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds. - Similar Threads - Keyboard holding down

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  5. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  6. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  7. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...: when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";" i am a gamer and i cant play many games because of this issue i dont have an idea that its technical or hardware issue...
  8. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  9. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  10. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key stay pressed after i hold them for a while

2. windows keyboard holding key not working

3. after holding key down it works for a little while