Windows 10: Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it

Discus and support Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Symptoms PC will not wake up using keyboard. Keyboard flashes upon key press in sleep. Keyboard starts lighting upon key press in sleep. This occurs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by User919, Feb 6, 2020.

1. User919 Win User

Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it

Symptoms

• PC will not wake up using keyboard.
    • Keyboard flashes upon key press in sleep.
    • Keyboard starts lighting upon key press in sleep.
    • This occurs only if PC is in sleep for a longer time.

Details

As far as I remember on my previous PC was quite common that PC did not wake up from sleep using keyboard key pressure. In that case mouse click worked perfectly all the time. I did not consider that such an issue that time.

Now I have new computer with new keyboard that has RGB lights. I observe the same behavior as on previous one – after long sleep, PC is unwakeable using keyboard. Keyboard is RGB and it performs some magic upon failed wake. I suppose I would have been observing the same magic on old PC if I have had RGB keyboard that time. Now this issue comes displeasant beyond reasonable limit.

Is there any solution? What should be cause of this?

More details

Keyboard and mouse are both USB cable device. On the other hand old PC keyboard and mouse are one wireless USB set. In both cases mouse works all the time while keyboard not.

:)

User919, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it [​IMG]

Onibot, Feb 6, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 6, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it - Similar Threads - Keyboard inconsistent behavior

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  5. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  6. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  7. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  8. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

9. Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard: I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard. Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard connected using wired USB directly (no bluetooth or hub). The bios setting for power management is "OS" which greys out the bios...
  10. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616