Windows 10: Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update

Discus and support Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Search bar does not accept keyboard input in my Windows 10 after recent OS updates. Tried all possible solutions available on the Internet, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tvsraman, Dec 14, 2020.

1. tvsraman Win User

Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update

Search bar does not accept keyboard input in my Windows 10 after recent OS updates.
    Tried all possible solutions available on the Internet, including from Microsoft, no success.

:)

tvsraman, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update

1. Keyboard input does not work in Windows 10 after recent OS update - Similar Threads - Keyboard input does

2. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  3. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  4. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  6. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  7. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent update: External won’t work either. I’ve tried reinstalling keyboards, updating drivers, restarting several times and nothing works. Please help. Already had to reset my laptop after a previous update nearly killed it. submitted by /u/winters_soldier [link] [comments]...
  9. WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.: After WIN10 boot, Cortina, CMD window, and Windows Setup search will not take local or remote keyboard input. However Microsoft Office 2010 apps do take both local and remote keyboard input. Any suggestions?...
  10. Keyboard not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after recent update: My keyboard is not working after the recent update especially when you type a password in a WIFI or in type a word in a search box. Other than that everything is fine. It works in Office Application....