Windows 10: Keyboard input not working on random things

Discus and support Keyboard input not working on random things in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago I noticed the windows photo app not responding to the arrow keys on my keyboard, then the windows login screen stopped responding to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__apollyon, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Keyboard input not working on random things

A few days ago I noticed the windows photo app not responding to the arrow keys on my keyboard, then the windows login screen stopped responding to Spacebar/Enter key to reveal the enter password box (it does with mouse input only).

I am not able to use keyboard to search for anything in the start menu, nor enter password for new WIFI connections. I have to type in the password in the Notepad, copy it and then paste in the WIFI password box.

Then in the window settings window, I cannot type anything in the search settings dialogue box.

Rebooting on Safemode gets this keyboard input working on start menu and setting search bar.

I am encountering new issues every day or two with this input thing. I ran Malwarebytes, did a full scan but found nothing.

My system: Dell XPS 9570
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎04-‎06-‎2020OS
    build 19042.630
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I did search for these on reddit and across the internet, I am not able to find a good solution to this problem.

Solutions what I tried:

1. Restarted Cortana from windows settings
    2. Restarted 'Search' task from task manager
    3. Ran DISM and SFW respectively

None of the above worked so far. Any inputs would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/__apollyon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__apollyon, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard input not working on random things

1. Keyboard input not working on random things - Similar Threads - Keyboard input working

2. Keyboard giving random inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard giving random inputs: At random times, for no reason, various programs that I run start turning keyboard inputs into random letters. Aside from some programs being more prone to fail than others, and that none of the programs involved are related, the only conclusion I have come to is that it has...
  3. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.: This is weird, so bear with me.At times, when running a program, the keyboard suddenly decides to no longer work properly, giving different inputs, even when the same key is pressed. For example, ffffffff instead becomes Qr[9x/+f*sw-a]pbvc.'de. This mostly happens with games,...
  4. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.: This is weird, so bear with me.At times, when running a program, the keyboard suddenly decides to no longer work properly, giving different inputs, even when the same key is pressed. For example, ffffffff instead becomes Qr[9x/+f*sw-a]pbvc.'de. This mostly happens with games,...
  5. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  7. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  8. Keyboard is doing random things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is doing random things: For example when i press "g" it shuts down the computer and when i press "e" it brings up file explorer i tried using another keyboard still had the same problem but with the keys doing different things the on screen keyboard works fine submitted by /u/I_OMAR_I [link]...
  9. Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input

Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input: I'm playing a game on my PC when suddenly my keyboard inputs don't register and any key I click results in this sound. It's not until I click my mouse that it functions again. This happens around every hour or so (just occured while I was typing that sentence, seems to happen...
  10. Random keyboard input program?

Random keyboard input program?: Does anyone know of a program that can randomly input key presses? Thank you. submitted by /u/ArielMJD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eeldik/random_keyboard_input_program/