Windows 10: Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps

Discus and support Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; See, I don't know how much of this problem has to do with either my games or Windows 10, but I do suspect it has to do something with power, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Addison420, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps

See, I don't know how much of this problem has to do with either my games or Windows 10, but I do suspect it has to do something with power, because the general fixes that fix something like this caused by the game didn't work, which is why I'm posting here.

When I open a game, there's a problem with keyboard input. When you hold down/spam a key or a series of keys (i.e. strafing with adadadadada, or just holding down backspace), it would pause and hold the key, and then resume typing the missing letters you typed in the maybe 0.2-0.3 seconds that it is paused. e.g. adadadad(pause for 0.2 seconds, 'd' is still being held down by the bug, although it doesn't show it is after the text catches up)adadadad(again)adadadada(again), again it doesn't have to be those keys, it can be backspace, or just one single key being pressed.

This only happens when (and sometimes still after I close) I open a semi-heavy game. Sometimes after I restart the pc (once to multiple times), the bug would just still be there even before the game applications have started to run. Sometimes after I restart the pc, the keys lag as well.

Of course, this could just be a problem with the Lenovo software's or just the apps, but just asking in case it is Windows related.

System SKU LENOVO_MT_81CA_BU_idea_FM_ideapad FLEX 5-1570

Windows 10What I've tried:
    -uninstalling and reinstalling the games
    -resetting the whole pc

What the problem isn't:
    -not a problem with the physical keyboard, I've tried 2 different ones
    -nothing with the USB ports, I've used other USB ports on my pc and it's still there

Any insight?

:)

Addison420, Jul 27, 2018

2. Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps

1. Keyboard input problem only when using semi-battery intensive apps - Similar Threads - Keyboard input problem

2. Laptop switches between AC and battery when playing an intense game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop switches between AC and battery when playing an intense game: Laptop is roughly 5 years old and had to buy a second hand charger as my original one broke. However it seems when my laptop is not doing anything it charges fine, however when i am playing a game it quickly alternates between charging and Battery, up until I exit it which it...
  3. app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa: When I have only one snap region - ie: iy fills the whole screen, it appears that the app running there doesn't get any mouse clicks. If I resize the snap regions such the one with the app no longer takes up the whole screen, the clicks come through....
  4. app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa: When I have only one snap region - ie: iy fills the whole screen, it appears that the app running there doesn't get any mouse clicks. If I resize the snap regions such the one with the app no longer takes up the whole screen, the clicks come through....
  5. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  6. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  7. input muting problems when using a usb device...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    input muting problems when using a usb device...: I hook my notepad 12fx up and sometimes it will work but when I want to use the internal microphone to talk online etc... NO audio? what is going on? I am running a stripped down windows 10 no office etc,,, on an HP laptop w/ 8gig ram and an AMD A-6 2.6gig processor on a 64...
  8. Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lag only when Zoom app is on: Dear supporters, I have the weirdest issue - suffering from keybboard latency only when using Zoom but in every field I try to type in browsers, microsoft word, notepad etc. When I turn off Zoom the lag stops. Have tried to uninstall an reinstall the Zoom app, updated and...
  9. Keyboard Input Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Input Problem: I have this issue for quite a while. When I start my laptop I can type my password and all is going well. A few minutes later of browsing and surfing, my laptop stopped taking inputs from its inbuilt keyboard. Tried it on windows search bar, notepad, browsers all that needs...
  10. Keyboard Input Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Problem: I have Windows 10 and I'm using English United States as my keyboard input-- lang[uage. _There was no problem at all until I put-- my laptop t-o sleep for the past- two and half hours. And I'm pretty sure that the sleep is wha-t caused my problem. When I started typing after...