Windows 10: Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

Discus and support Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AidenLando, May 10, 2020.

1. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard:

When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed. This becomes frustrating because I can't easily go back and correct my typing errors when writing school papers.

Another similar issue: When I am gaming the same stuttering issue above will happen. For example, this happens with any series of inputs but I will use WASD for example purposes if I were to spam WASD in any game, my character will stop moving for a second then will execute the spammed series of WASD. Also in game, while I am moving around, i.e. strafing/walking using W and A, both W and A inputs will lock in game causing my character to continually move forward and to the left even when I am not touching the keyboard. It only stops when the key is updated after pressing the locked keys. This same effect applies to all movement keys WASD, left shift, left ctrl, occasionally spacebar

I have already tried updating/uninstalling keyboard drivers, changing the USB ports the keyboard is plugged into, trying multiple other keyboards, I have also tried the memory diagnostic check, changing the keyboard repeat delay, used the troubleshoot tool, nothing has worked for me.

I don't know if this is needed but my specs are

MSI ge73 Raider laptop with

i7-8750H

gtx 1060

16 gb ram

256 gb m.2 ssd

1 tb hdd

the keyboard I mainly use is the Razer Blackwidow Elite, but I have tried troubleshooting Corsair K70 Lux, Razer Blackwidow Lite, as well as the keyboard built into the laptop. Please help me

:)

AidenLando, May 10, 2020

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 10, 2020
  3. Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking [​IMG]

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, May 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

Help with the keyboard input

Hi, I think you may be able to resolve this by going to the control panel here:

and setting your desired input method as 'override' rather than 'Use Language list'

dalchina, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

1. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking - Similar Threads - Keyboard Input Stuttering

2. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  3. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. Toggle to lock keyboard input

Toggle to lock keyboard input: Hi all, Is there a way to lock your keyboard input through Windows? My cats are a pain in the neck. I normally leave my laptop on for music/calls/etc. at night, and they like to crawl all over the keyboard, causing all sorts of mass destruction by the time I'm up in the...
  7. CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?): Hi there, I use SmartView on Samsung Galaxy s10e, and use CONNECT on the PC - bizarely, I can use keyboard, but not mouse input! Any idea why/what to do? Thanks, Pete...
  8. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  9. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...
  10. Help with the keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with the keyboard input: Dear TenForums members, I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in. In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign...