Windows 10: Keyboard Input

Discus and support Keyboard Input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SebJ1000, Mar 17, 2022.

1. SebJ1000 Win User

Keyboard Input

Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the correct type of script for example when I pressed the "A" key on my keyboard for the character "" to appear but the character Ra "" would appear it is really annoying I don't know where any key on my keyboard is usually it would be a symbol thing where I press R then A to for Ra to appear but on my PC I had to press 3 for

:)

SebJ1000, Mar 17, 2022

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 17, 2022
  3. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Keyboard Input

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard Input

1. Keyboard Input - Similar Threads - Keyboard Input

2. Keyboard Input Not Recognized After Releasing One of Multiple Pressed Keys on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Not Recognized After Releasing One of Multiple Pressed Keys on Windows 11: Hello,I'm experiencing a peculiar issue on my Windows 11 system where the keyboard does not seem to register continuous input from a key if another key was pressed simultaneously and then released. For example, if I press and hold down 'JK' and then release the 'K' while...
  3. Keyboard Input Not Recognized After Releasing One of Multiple Pressed Keys on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input Not Recognized After Releasing One of Multiple Pressed Keys on Windows 11: Hello,I'm experiencing a peculiar issue on my Windows 11 system where the keyboard does not seem to register continuous input from a key if another key was pressed simultaneously and then released. For example, if I press and hold down 'JK' and then release the 'K' while...
  4. Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?: Windows 11 and 10 and probably earlier versions come with a virtual touch keyboard that can be triggered from the taskbar. Normally, you'd use a mouse or trackpad and hold down click while drawing letterforms on a virtual touchpad. It's cumbersome to hold click, and I was...
  5. Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?

Can a touchscreen on a PC be used for handwriting keyboard input?: Windows 11 and 10 and probably earlier versions come with a virtual touch keyboard that can be triggered from the taskbar. Normally, you'd use a mouse or trackpad and hold down click while drawing letterforms on a virtual touchpad. It's cumbersome to hold click, and I was...
  6. Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields: I am running Windows 11 up to date on a Dell XPS 15 9560. I have been having problems with the start menu, desktop and other OS text input fields. In some areas no keyboard inputs are recognised, for example in the start menu I cannot search for anything as no text is entered...
  7. Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields

Keyboard input either not working or double typing on start menu & OS input fields: I am running Windows 11 up to date on a Dell XPS 15 9560. I have been having problems with the start menu, desktop and other OS text input fields. In some areas no keyboard inputs are recognised, for example in the start menu I cannot search for anything as no text is entered...
  8. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  9. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  10. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade