Windows 10: Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...

Discus and support Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ive tried safe mode, filter and sticky keys, done device manager stuff, I've done darn near everything. Its not with my physical keyboard though, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AutisticDamien, May 23, 2024.

1. Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...

Ive tried safe mode, filter and sticky keys, done device manager stuff, I've done darn near everything. Its not with my physical keyboard though, it's with my PC, prebuilt OMEN 40L Gaming Desktop GT21-1355st Keyboard clean too, I've powered my PC off and on, my keyboard drive is updated, and I have reinstalled it.

:)

AutisticDamien, May 23, 2024

2. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

Hello,

I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few spikes just typing something in the search bar on a browser.

There was a Windows update that completely resolved this problem about a year ago. But unfortunately, they are back after my PC installed a BIOS update about a month ago, and I started having input delay again. This problem occurs with every keyboard I have, it doesn't matter if it is USB or Bluetooth.

I already tried updating my keyboard drivers, in which it said I already have the latest version, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, which didn't help with this issue.

SplendidKhan75, May 23, 2024
  3. Keyboard Input Not Recognized After Releasing One of Multiple Pressed Keys on Windows 11

Hello,

I'm experiencing a peculiar issue on my Windows 11 system where the keyboard does not seem to register continuous input from a key if another key was pressed simultaneously and then released. For example, if I press and hold down 'JK' and then release the 'K' while still holding down 'J,' the system stops registering the 'J' input unless I release and press it again. This behaviour is consistent across various key combinations and is not specific to any particular set of keys.

Interestingly, when testing this with my keyboard's software, all inputs are registered correctly, indicating the keys and the keyboard itself are functioning properly. This leads me to believe the issue might be software-related, possibly within Windows 11 or a conflict with another application.

Here's what I've tried so far without success:

• Updating and reinstalling keyboard drivers.
    • Running the built-in Windows troubleshooter for keyboards.
    • Checking for malware and Windows updates.
    • Modifying keyboard-related settings in Windows, including disabling Filter Keys and Sticky Keys.
    None of these steps have resolved the issue. I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced something similar or has any suggestions on what else I can try to fix this problem. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Tamás Fodor1, May 23, 2024
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 23, 2024
Thema:

Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...

1. Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes... - Similar Threads - Keyboard inputs are

2. Keyboard holding presses longer than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard holding presses longer than it should: Whenever I hold down a key and then release it, the input will continue to press well after I release it. For instance, if I hold down the backspace key to delete a section of text after I release it will continue deleting several more characters. When I am playing a game and...
  3. Keyboard holding presses longer than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard holding presses longer than it should: Whenever I hold down a key and then release it, the input will continue to press well after I release it. For instance, if I hold down the backspace key to delete a section of text after I release it will continue deleting several more characters. When I am playing a game and...
  4. Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard inputs are delayed, and are held down longer than actually pressed, and sometimes...: Ive tried safe mode, filter and sticky keys, done device manager stuff, I've done darn near everything. Its not with my physical keyboard though, it's with my PC, prebuilt OMEN 40L Gaming Desktop GT21-1355st Keyboard clean too, I've powered my PC off and on, my keyboard drive...
  5. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  6. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  7. Keys being held down for longer than I physically held them. Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys being held down for longer than I physically held them. Please help!: For the past couple of weeks I have been having this problem with my laptop where after I let go of a key physically, the key I was holding down wouldn't stop. It has been happening very frequently and is making doing work and gaming very annoying. I have tried switching...
  8. Keyboard input delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard input delay: Hi, I am having a problem where when I move, in for example a video game or type on apps like Discord etc. My keyboard seems to register the keys I click 2 seconds or more after I press them. Sometimes I am not even holding any keys down, and my video game character seems...
  9. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Irrational Keyboard Input Delay: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not "active" all of the time, and I can't figure out any specific triggers or applications that start it. Sometimes it's worse,...
  10. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Irrational Keyboard Input Delay: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not "active" all of the time, and I can't figure out any specific triggers or applications that start it. Sometimes it's worse,...