Windows 10: keyboard intermittently stops working

Discus and support keyboard intermittently stops working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can you tell me why the keyboard stops typing just out of the blue. It is very annoying. After we restart the computer, it works fine for awhile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbaraMurray3, Jul 29, 2019.

1. keyboard intermittently stops working

Can you tell me why the keyboard stops typing just out of the blue. It is very annoying. After we restart the computer, it works fine for awhile. Then back to not working.

:)

BarbaraMurray3, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

keyboard stopped working after bootup in windows 10

Hi Thomas,

There may be a number of reasons why a keyboard would suddenly stop functioning properly. Kindly provide answers to the information listed below, so we could further assess on this issue:

• Are you getting any error messages that could pertain to your keyboard?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are there any noticeable physical damages on the keyboard?
    • Is the keyboard connected to the PC wired or wireless?
    • Does this issue happen intermittently, or all the time?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 29, 2019
  3. JDJones89 Win User
    Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that
    always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the keyboard. When I reconnect it the keyboard usually works again but will eventually give out once more. I've also found if I click the mouse repeatedly the keyboard will once again
    work for a short period . Any idea how to fix this problem??

JDJones89, Jul 29, 2019
  4. rcurry01 Win User

keyboard intermittently stops working

Keyboard stops intermittently

I am having an identical problem with a Lenovo Yoga 2. They keyboard and mouse will both intermittently stop working. The curser actually disappears from the screen. It is like the active window de-activates. If I pull down a drop down menu, it will
    disappear after a few seconds as the window de-activates and re-activates again. I then have to do the pull down again. It makes using the internet next to impossible.

rcurry01, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

keyboard intermittently stops working

1. keyboard intermittently stops working - Similar Threads - keyboard intermittently stops

2. How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?: I have a new computer 4 mos. old and on several occasions, the keyboard locks up and I am unable to type/edit/delete, etc. What is causing this to occur? At first I thought it was due to network issues but then if I use two different computers side by side on the same site, I...
  3. How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?: I have a new computer 4 mos. old and on several occasions, the keyboard locks up and I am unable to type/edit/delete, etc. What is causing this to occur? At first I thought it was due to network issues but then if I use two different computers side by side on the same site, I...
  4. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  5. Keyboard intermittently not working

Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  6. Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot

Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot: I have been using my Logitech wireless M235 mouse & K230 wireless keyboard paired mouse on windows 10 without any issues paired with a Logitech Unifying receiver. I recently changed my desktop hardware & freshly installed Windows 11 on my desktop PC. My problem is that both...
  7. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  8. why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard 1559 on a Dell Inspiron 7580 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home and my keyboard stopped working so I replaced the batteries and it worked again but then stopped after 100 or so keystrokes, so I took out the batteries momentarily...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently: It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped". ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Method 1: I...
  10. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...