Windows 10: keyboard is constantly backspacing

Discus and support keyboard is constantly backspacing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; before i start, please know i’ve done everything thing i could possibly find on these forums like uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dsjfjkdsf ldjfdskjf, May 29, 2023.

1. keyboard is constantly backspacing

before i start, please know i’ve done everything thing i could possibly find on these forums like uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers. i even reset my pc twice to try to fix this! no matter what keyboard i use, it has a glitch where when i click on links; it automatically backspaces and takes me back to the last page. i determined this because when i click a link, the back arrow will indict it’s being used. i’m not sure because i’m no expert but i think it started after i did some updates and unfortunately, the reset to my computer cleared my updates history so i can’t uninstall it.

:)

dsjfjkdsf ldjfdskjf, May 29, 2023
  2. TOOGAM Win User

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, May 29, 2023
  3. backspace speed

My backspace only erases one character at a time. Answers on this forum indicated that by going to control panel - keyboard there is a setting. Not on mine. I can change speed of typing but no word of backspace. I changed the typing speed but it has no
    effect on backspace. Another suggested it is in filters. I can not find any filters. A search for filters did not find anything.

heisserman, May 29, 2023
  4. mvang01 Win User

keyboard is constantly backspacing

Keyboard - Backspace and NumLock

Hello everyone,

One of our users seems to be having issues with their keyboard numpad keys. The issue doesn't happen right away, but it does happen. The issue is when the user uses the number 2 on the keypad -- it goes down instead of keying the number 2. Also, from time
    to time, the Backspace inserts double zeros instead of deleting. I made sure that the NumLock was on. I also remoted in to see if this issue would happen if I entered 2 on my keypad from my keyboard and it still happened. I've looked all over google for a
    solution, but still haven't found anything. (hopefully that all made some sense)

Things I've tried:

• Uninstalled\Reinstalled keyboard drivers. (works temporarily)
    • Replaced keyboard several times with both USB and PS/2 keyboards.
      • Plugged keyboards into different ports
    • Reimaged and swapped out PC's 3 times. (Each time with different images)
      • Had different users login to these specific computers to test and it happens to them as well.
      • Had the main user log into a different workstation and she didn't run into any issues.
    • Removed local profile.
    • Removed Citrix profile.
    • Ran Windows Updates.
    • Ran SFC and Windows troubleshooter. (Detected nothing wrong)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

mvang01, May 29, 2023
Thema:

keyboard is constantly backspacing

1. keyboard is constantly backspacing - Similar Threads - keyboard constantly backspacing

2. keyboard is constantly backspacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard is constantly backspacing: before i start, please know i’ve done everything thing i could possibly find on these forums like uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers. i even reset my pc twice to try to fix this! no matter what keyboard i use, it has a glitch where when i click on links; it...
  3. Keyboard CONSTANTLY disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard CONSTANTLY disconnecting: Hey Everyone, I know this question is suuuper general so it's hard to help, but i am desperte to find a solution... for whatever reason, my keyboard constantly disconnects and i checked EVERYTHING (Driver, hardware etc etc). It only has this issue on this current machine,...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  5. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  6. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly

Laptop keyboard backspace not working properly: Hi, My computer recently randomly decided to start bugging out. One day, I was typing on Google Docs when my computer started deleting random words as if I was pressing the backspace key which I wasn't. I did some more investigation and could not find the problem. I reset my...
  8. Keyboard backspace weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backspace weird: So i;ve bought a new mechanical keyboard woorth quite the Buck, and its all good instead of one thing,. If u see grammatical or spelling mistakes in here its not njbecause im dumb its because i cant use my backspace. When i click my backspace to delete a letter this comes...
  9. Backspace Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backspace Key: Anytime I press the backspace it the cursor moves back once and goes back to the start. This only happens that i know of on discord and microsoft word online or Microsoft Office Home....
  10. backspace not working

backspace not working: My backspace key is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-not-working/43ad5f5f-8fc0-4067-bda6-76f603acc111