Windows 10: Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

Discus and support Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,So I am having this problem for a while, but this is happening after my pc shuts down because the power goes off in my home.The problem i am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ali Zain Surani, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

Hi,So I am having this problem for a while, but this is happening after my pc shuts down because the power goes off in my home.The problem i am having is, when i shut down my pc and open it, my keyboard doesn't work, no light before and after the boot. I have to unplugged and re-plug it for couple of time, and it suddenly starts working. It is happening only with mechanical or gaming keyboard. I also have a gaming mouse and it is working perfectly. I bought a new keyboard because i thought the old keyboard might be the problem, but it was not.I have already asked for the help and tried what wa

:)

Ali Zain Surani, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Kordi Win User

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LBvXWX
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Mar 28, 2023
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Mar 28, 2023
  4. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

1. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down - Similar Threads - Keyboard turning open

2. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  3. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  4. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down: Hi,So I am having this problem for a while, but this is happening after my pc shuts down because the power goes off in my home.The problem i am having is, when i shut down my pc and open it, my keyboard doesn't work, no light before and after the boot. I have to unplugged and...
  5. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down: Hi,So I am having this problem for a while, but this is happening after my pc shuts down because the power goes off in my home.The problem i am having is when i shut down my pc and open it after a while, my keyboard doesn't work, no light before and after the boot. I have to...
  6. Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down

Keyboard is not turning on when i open my pc after shut down: Hi,So I am having this problem for a while, but this is happening after my pc shuts down because the power goes off in my home.The problem i am having is when i shut down my pc and open it after a while, my keyboard doesn't work, no light before and after the boot. I have to...
  7. PC turns on after Shut down

PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  8. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  9. PC shuts down after a second when turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after a second when turned on: Hi! I have a problem w/ my PC. When power on is pressed, the cpu fan/heatsink, psu fan and power led will turn on for a second then turns off. I try to test my psu. connected to a paper clip to green and black pins then turn it on. the psu fan is spinning and it doesnt turn...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...