Windows 10: Keyboard is not working normally

Discus and support Keyboard is not working normally in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to type the password to sign in when opening up my laptop it works just fine. It’s when the screen changes to the homepage and anywhere I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syssstemerror, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Keyboard is not working normally

When I go to type the password to sign in when opening up my laptop it works just fine. It’s when the screen changes to the homepage and anywhere I type whether it be google or setting’s search bar my keyboard would randomly constantly type letters and I can’t stop it. I managed to get on safe mode or something 2 days ago and it stopped but it’s started all over again. I’ve restarted my laptop numerous times and updated it to the latest update using keyboard shortcuts is the only way I can do it and even troubleshoot my keyboard but the system says there’s nothing wrong.I have again tried to

:)

Syssstemerror, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Keyboard is not working normally

Keyboard is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hi Stephen,

Please reply to the following questions:

• Did you try the suggestions posted above?

• Are you facing keyboard issues even after trying the above suggestions?

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to please perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the status of the keyboard issues faced on your PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard is not working normally

1. Keyboard is not working normally - Similar Threads - Keyboard working normally

2. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  3. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  5. Start not work normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start not work normally: When i open Start sometimes it closes automatically, can you fix this?DayTypeYou will sayMondayAuto-CloseWhyTuesdayManuallyok, goodWednesdayManuallyokay...ThursdayAuto-CloseWhat... is... this...FridayManuallyuhh... okay, but BYE HAVE A GOOD TIME!...
  6. Start not work normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start not work normally: When i open Start sometimes it closes automatically, can you fix this?DayTypeYou will sayMondayAuto-CloseWhyTuesdayManuallyok, goodWednesdayManuallyokay...ThursdayAuto-CloseWhat... is... this...FridayManuallyuhh... okay, but BYE HAVE A GOOD TIME!...
  7. Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.: Hello,I have an Inspiron 15 5570, and since like 1 month some keys doesn't work for a bit of time and then it works just fine, especially the keys at the bottom of the keyboard c, v, b, n, space bar, arrows, number pad.... I reinstalled the keyboard drivers, without success....
  8. On-Screen laptop working but not normal keyboard on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    On-Screen laptop working but not normal keyboard on laptop: Hi, I've had this problem before and I can't remember how I fixed it but it happened again this morning and I've been searching for an hour how to fix it and have tried restarting, turning on and off tablet mode. I think i pressed a button to make this happen but i don't...
  9. Normal Password not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Normal Password not working: I have had the same password on my computer since I bought it and set it up. I have never changed it. It is my personal computer that only I use, but somehow today between logging into it in the morning and coming back to it after walking away for an hour or so, my normal...
  10. "K" key no long works normally on any keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "K" key no long works normally on any keyboard: Hello all, I've run across an odd issue that I've been ignoring for quite some time, but I thought I should see if anyone else had run a crossed it before. For some odd reason, the k key on my PC has refused to work. It's not my keyboard, as I've tried several including...