Windows 10: Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

Discus and support Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RAO_184, Aug 18, 2022.

1. RAO_184 Win User

Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked keyboard languageDisabled Sticky and Filter Keysrun the hardware and devices troubleshooter for the keyboardDo you know of anything left I can try solving other than resetting the hole PC? AndLet me know the reason why it is happening for every time by turning ON the system..

:)

RAO_184, Aug 18, 2022
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Aug 18, 2022
  3. NZChuck Win User
    Shift+D not working??

Had same problem with right Shift and D only. Left Shift and D was working, right Shift and D was not doing anything (not a small d but nothing at all). All other Shift key combinations were working. In my case turned out the print screen button on the keyboard was stuck. Once released worked fine. So if a key isn't working pays to see if some other keys are stuck.

NZChuck, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

Windows getting sleep when i press windows logo from keyboard(shift + d not working

It doesn't matter if you use left or right shift? Also,have you enabled sticky keys or anything like that? It sounds like maybe somethings holding the shift down like it's actuator is stuck

jboydgolfer, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

1. Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while - Similar Threads - Keyboard working unless

2. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  3. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  4. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  6. Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while

Keyboard is not working unless i press releases right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  7. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  8. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  9. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

10. Keyboard Enter key won't work unless I also press another key (i.e. Shift or Alt)

Keyboard Enter key won't work unless I also press another key (i.e. Shift or Alt): I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 18272 (though the problem started 2+ builds ago). I moved my desktop from one room to another, and during that time it was powered fully off for a couple days. Shouldn't have been a problem. However, one issue that arose once I got it back...