Windows 10: Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Discus and support Keyboard is typing the wrong letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AKP316, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AKP316 Win User

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them.

s key types an i

q key types a s

e key types a m

Same letters, same results. I am typing just fine on the Microsoft help page, but can't when I am on the internet. What is going on?

:)

AKP316, Oct 12, 2018

2. at sign in my keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We would require some more information to assist you better:

• Are you facing issues while typing the password?
    • Have you clicked on the eye next to password field and checked?
    • As you've mentioned that keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters at sign in screen, kindly let us know how are you able to sign in to desktop? Have you used any external keyboard?
    You may try installing the keyboard drivers in compatibility mode and check for the issue status. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and reply with the information and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

1. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing wrong

2. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  3. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  4. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  5. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  6. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10: Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you...
  7. Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation: I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialise Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i fo because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters. I tried the numlock..did not work. I tried using a usb...
  8. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  9. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  10. New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .

in Windows 10 Support
    New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .: Help an old hippie out 72738