Windows 10: Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen...

Discus and support Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; See the following examples by keyboard key - f - usually adds 0 before the letter - see below highlighted in text G - adds a space before the letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FreddyWinters, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen...

See the following examples by keyboard key -

f - usually adds 0 before the letter - see below highlighted in text

G - adds a space before the letter

i - adds a space before the letter

O - adds a space before the letter only after hitting enter

u - rings a bell however upper shift will delete all that has been written and opensanswers.microsoft.com on the bottom hal0f o0f the screen

8 - skips down one line and adds the character then moves down the page 20 lines

* - captures 20 lines

9 - adds the character then moves down 20 lines - same when using upper shift on this key but highlights next 20 lines

From the number pad keys -

3 - inserts a 9 be0fore the 3

9 - adds a 3 after the 9 and jumps 20 lines at enter

4 - adds \ be0fore the 4

0 - rings a bell and adds nothing

/ - rings a bell and adds nothing

What is necessary to correct the miss-keys shown above? Can you help please?

:)

FreddyWinters, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 13, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen...

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen...

1. Keyboard isn't recording all keys accurately on the screen... - Similar Threads - Keyboard isn't recording

2. Keyboard does not record two keys at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard does not record two keys at once: Since January 28, my keyboard no longer recognizes when I press two keys at the same time. Previously it used to work. For example, I can no longer use CTRL+C/CTRL+V. In addition, the Windows keys and others don't work either. Strangely enough, SHIFT+letter works, but...
  3. Keyboard does not record two keys at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does not record two keys at once: Since January 28, my keyboard no longer recognizes when I press two keys at the same time. Previously it used to work. For example, I can no longer use CTRL+C/CTRL+V. In addition, the Windows keys and others don't work either. Strangely enough, SHIFT+letter works. What I have...
  4. Unable to record screen and get 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to record screen and get 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057: I followed another persons trouble shooting with 4 steps as seen belowStep 1:Refer the steps as mentioned in this article: Fix problems with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 Step 2: Reset the Windows Store CachePress the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type...
  5. Unable to record screen and get 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057

Unable to record screen and get 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057: I followed another persons trouble shooting with 4 steps as seen belowStep 1:Refer the steps as mentioned in this article: Fix problems with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 Step 2: Reset the Windows Store CachePress the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type...
  6. Gamebar recording: Recording isn't working: error 2147549183

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamebar recording: Recording isn't working: error 2147549183: When I'm trying to record my screen WIN + ALT + R, the following pop-up appears: [ATTACH] Yesterday all was working well, however I installed some things: Trust Emita Studio USB Microphone Steam with Trackmania Nations Forever I believe it has to do with the...
  7. A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.: I've plugged my keyboard into another computer, and it still works. If I plug it into my main one, the "b" key stops working. Thanks for the help!...
  8. Screen Recording Isn't Working

Screen Recording Isn't Working: Hello! I was trying to record my entire screen, and I check my settings and everything good to go! But, once I press record from the Game Bar, I received this message: [ATTACH] What should I do?...
  9. Weather app forecast not at all accurate

Weather app forecast not at all accurate: For months, the Windows 10 weather app has given very inaccurate daily forecasts for my correct listed location. The daily forecasted high temperature are off by at least 5 degrees and the forecast conditions are also not accurate (says sunny when in reality it's cloudy...
  10. My windows key on keyboard isn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows key on keyboard isn't work: Hello everyone. I have problem on my keyboard it is my windows key or start key not working what can i do ?? My laptop is HP Omen the windows key still work for 2 weeks and stop work and the Shortcuts like windows key + R to open Run program isn't work. I don't know is this...