Windows 10: Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

Discus and support Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tonya Jones1, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a challenge phrase because its telling me Ive entered the incorrect pin to many times which I only did once. The issue is when I try to type the A1B2C3 in the box where its asking for the challemge phrase it doesnt type what corresponde to the button im pushing a nd when i hit backspace to try and clear out the incorrect letter it does nothing. Ive tried restarting it and ive powered it off and i even have hooked up another keyboard via the usb port

:)

Tonya Jones1, Mar 30, 2023

2. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Mar 30, 2023
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

i shutdown my laptop now my keyboard isnt working

Hi David,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Did it happen after installing an update?
    • Are all the keys not working on the keyboard or only to selected ones?

To help resolve your concern, kindly enable the
    On-Screen keyboard
    and follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and then click the first result.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and then run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to download the latest driver for your keyboard from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

1. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard isnt typing

2. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen: When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a challenge phrase because its telling me Ive entered the incorrect pin to many times which I only did once. The issue is when I...
  3. Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isnt typing correct buttons at start up screen: When i power on my laptop the start up screen comes on which is sideways I know how to fix that if i could only get past the start ts asking for a challenge phrase because its telling me Ive entered the incorrect pin to many times which I only did once. The issue is when I...
  4. Keyboard keys not typing correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keys not typing correctly: How can I fix my laptop keyboard that has accidentally spilled too much of my hand sanitizer on the keys? The computer works correctly and fine. Except for some keys such as letter k types 7 and letter I types u. I really need to fix this soon because I have a project to do...
  5. My Pc isnt booting up correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pc isnt booting up correctly.: My pc isnt booting up correctly. It shows the gigabyte system starting and then the hdmi goes out for a second abd then it says automaticaly repairing system and it fails. It then brings me to select a language and then it gives me the options, troubleshoot and turn off your...
  6. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard buttons typing randomly: My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!...
  7. new keyboard not typing correct symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new keyboard not typing correct symbols: Hi I have just purchased a Microsoft wired 600 keyboard but I cannot find the question mark when I press the up arrow to select the symbol the symbol I press is not the right one eg the button that's is labelled question mark produces _ an underscore. This isn't the only...
  8. Keyboard starts typing gibberish...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard starts typing gibberish...: I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem where input via the keyboard starts typing gibberish. For example: I might want to type 'the quick brown fox..." but instead the keyboard inputs "xlkj543134". A reboot seems to cure the issue. I've seen this happen on...
  9. Keyboard not typing correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard not typing correctly: Recently, my hp Pavallion's keyboard started typing things which weren't correct, like 'o' being 'po' and Enter. Also, the h key doesn't work, among other things. I have tried fn+numlock as well as ctrl+shift with no success. I decided to restart my computer, with no...
  10. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...