Windows 10: Keyboard isn't working during setup

Discus and support Keyboard isn't working during setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ADan4, Sep 7, 2021.

1. ADan4 Win User

Keyboard isn't working during setup

I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and can't type anything into the internet password field and the PC user name field. I can't get past the username field without putting something into it.The caps lock still lights up, the space bar works, arrows work, and the "i" key inserts a long blank field of text or something.I put my laptop into safe mode at the request of one of my friends and now, even after restarting the laptop, it always goes back to the enter username screen, there's no

:)

ADan4, Sep 7, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Keyboard isn't working during setup

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard isn't working during setup

1. Keyboard isn't working during setup - Similar Threads - Keyboard isn't working

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working on setup: Why is my keyboard and mouse not working on my setup screen windows ten pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-setup/ad746698-36f9-468d-ae7e-1f7ec0ae0d10
  3. Keyboard isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working: Alright so every time I press a button the same or similar sequence of letters types on the screen, but since I can't type anything I'm currently locked out of the computer...
  4. Keyboard isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isn't working: Alright so every time I press a button the same or similar sequence of letters types on the screen, but since I can't type anything I'm currently locked out of the computer...
  5. My keyboard isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My keyboard isn't working: I was cleaning my keyboard and I think I pressed a combination of keys and now escape up until f2 and down don't work so escape f1,f2,2,w s, x and behind those keys all don't work if I press w it does qw and if I press s it does sa what do I do?...
  6. Keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working.: I've been having this trouble for a year? now. I am not willing to go to someone to fix it. I've been searching far and wide online and I've tried everything, but it's not working. Reinstalling drivers doesn't work, commands don't. I am sure it's a software problem, however....
  7. Keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isn't working.: I've been having this trouble for a year? now. I am not willing to go to someone to fix it. I've been searching far and wide online and I've tried everything, but it's not working. Reinstalling drivers doesn't work, commands don't. I am sure it's a software problem, however....
  8. My keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard isn't working!: My keyboard started acting up this afternoon. For some reason the keys don't match what I'm typing there I cannot use the number keys the down arrow left arrow. When I press keys multiple letters come up as if I type them. I have tried removing sticky keys and anything else...
  9. Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.: During the laptop setup using setup wizard I was asked to choose a keyboard. Without realizing it I chose the 78 key style keyboard and now of course the numeric key pad on the right doesn't work. How do I go back and change to the keyboard that includes the numeric key pad?...
  10. My Keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Keyboard isn't working!: Okay, I need some help. For context, I have a preloaded Windows 7 laptop that I switched to Windows 10 installed W10 and now the keyboard isn't working. I did try to refurbish it/clean it and I think the chemicals messed it up. I am trying to use the on-screen keyboard until...