keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

Discus and support keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkAMF, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:12 AM.

1. MarkAMF Win User

keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my password, I found a way to bypass that and finally installed the game but even IN-GAME I couldn't move or do anything with my keyboard. The only thing that works was my mouse.

I've spent hours trying to find a solution and nothing has worked, I'm running out of options now

I've tried running ctfmon.exe and using task scheduler to run ctfmon.exe

Unistalled and re-installed my keyboard driver

entered these commands in powershell/cmd and nothing worked

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

:)

2. Sayan_Ghosh Win User

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

3. Marilou Ser Win User
    Cortana Search Bar Not Working

Hi Kayla,

Software conflicts is one of the possible reasons why Cortana search bar is not working. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

4. Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson Win User

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 10, 2018 at 8:20 AM
Thema:

1. keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar - Similar Threads - keyboard isn't working

2. McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems

in Windows 10 News
    McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems: Today, McAfee has announced that it has discovered a new vulnerability in Windows 10’s Cortana digital assistant which could be used to manipulate locked systems with physical access. It’s worth noting that the two new flaws have been addressed as part of Microsoft’s August...
  3. August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in August 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update, click the...
  4. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  5. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018: Release Notes August 2018 Security Updates Release Date: August 14, 2018 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  6. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  7. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  8. Office 365 app tiles not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 app tiles not showing icons: Highlighted blank start tiles are, l-r respectively, Office 365 Access, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. I can resize them and see the icons. Until the next time I logout. [IMG] Install was a CTR download, not via Store. You'd think at least the Microsoft stuff would...
  9. microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts: Hello, I am using a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10, with an external monitor and microsoft designer keyboard. The problem is that i can with the plugin keyboard of surface do all keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v, which i cannot do on the designer keyboard. like...
  10. Headphones don't work 2018.08.14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones don't work 2018.08.14: When I plug in headphones windows indicates new hardware connected. No icon for headphones indicated with other hardware recognized in Control Panel. All tests related to sound, sound card function, plus volume settings indicate that output sound is being produced. I have two...