Windows 10: keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

Discus and support keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkAMF, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MarkAMF Win User

keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my password, I found a way to bypass that and finally installed the game but even IN-GAME I couldn't move or do anything with my keyboard. The only thing that works was my mouse.

I've spent hours trying to find a solution and nothing has worked, I'm running out of options now

I've tried running ctfmon.exe and using task scheduler to run ctfmon.exe

Unistalled and re-installed my keyboard driver

entered these commands in powershell/cmd and nothing worked

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

:)

MarkAMF, Aug 10, 2018

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Cortana Search Bar Not Working

Hi Kayla,

Software conflicts is one of the possible reasons why Cortana search bar is not working. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 10, 2018
  4. keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar

1. keyboard isn't working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar - Similar Threads - keyboard isn't working

2. Microsoft apps missing in search bar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft apps missing in search bar.: Hello, Since some time all Microsoft apps icons such as Microsoft Store, settings, photos and more are missing. [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix it? It's really annoying me, I have no clue how to fix it. Thanks...
  3. My Search or Cortana isn't Working

in Cortana
    My Search or Cortana isn't Working: Greetings friends, Can you help me with this problem or guide me to what i need to do, because i have searched all over the internet and can't seem to find solution through it. Thanks in advance!...
  4. Microsoft Apps Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps Isn't Working: Hi Microsoft Windows 10 Users I Woke Up A Couple Of Months Ago And My Computer All Of My Windows Apps Were Gone And It Is Still Happening Today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-isnt-working/38e419f3-abf8-45ad-bcea-9bcf3dc03941
  5. Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Cortana, Search Bar, Start Button DO NOT WORK: For whatever reason the microsoft store has been deleted from my PC and I am unable to reinstall it. The search bar, start button, and cortana do not work either. The main issue is getting the microsoft store back but every last solution has failed. This is a problem...
  6. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  7. Cortana Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Not Working: My Cortana search bar (on the taskbar) has quit working in the past week or so. I cannot search for apps, files, or web results. Any query entered simply returns a blank white screen. The search bar in file explorer still works to search for files. Running Windows 10 Pro on...
  8. cortana search bar not working

in Cortana
    cortana search bar not working: as the title said, my cortana search bar isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-bar-not-working/22aa3cbd-4fc3-4f23-8a8e-b068530a646c"
  9. keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar: for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my...
  10. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard isnt working for microsoft games/microsoft apps and cortana search bar