Windows 10: Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?

Discus and support Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone can help me. My keyboard isn't working and the (home arrow) is jammed on. I'm using a wireless keyboard which is fine but the jammed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeSykes1, Nov 6, 2018.

1. JoeSykes1 Win User

Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?

I wonder if anyone can help me. My keyboard isn't working and the (home arrow) is jammed on. I'm using a wireless keyboard which is fine but the jammed key isn't helping.

Does anyone know a way to lock the laptops keyboard?

Thanks everyone.

:)

JoeSykes1, Nov 6, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It? - Similar Threads - Keyboard Isn't Working

2. Keyboard isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working: Alright so every time I press a button the same or similar sequence of letters types on the screen, but since I can't type anything I'm currently locked out of the computer...
  3. Keyboard isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isn't working: Alright so every time I press a button the same or similar sequence of letters types on the screen, but since I can't type anything I'm currently locked out of the computer...
  4. My keyboard isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My keyboard isn't working: I was cleaning my keyboard and I think I pressed a combination of keys and now escape up until f2 and down don't work so escape f1,f2,2,w s, x and behind those keys all don't work if I press w it does qw and if I press s it does sa what do I do?...
  5. Keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working.: I've been having this trouble for a year? now. I am not willing to go to someone to fix it. I've been searching far and wide online and I've tried everything, but it's not working. Reinstalling drivers doesn't work, commands don't. I am sure it's a software problem, however....
  6. Keyboard isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isn't working.: I've been having this trouble for a year? now. I am not willing to go to someone to fix it. I've been searching far and wide online and I've tried everything, but it's not working. Reinstalling drivers doesn't work, commands don't. I am sure it's a software problem, however....
  7. Keyboard isn't working during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard isn't working during setup: I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and can't type anything into the internet password field and the PC user name field. I can't get past the username field without...
  8. My keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard isn't working!: My keyboard started acting up this afternoon. For some reason the keys don't match what I'm typing there I cannot use the number keys the down arrow left arrow. When I press keys multiple letters come up as if I type them. I have tried removing sticky keys and anything else...
  9. My Keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Keyboard isn't working!: Okay, I need some help. For context, I have a preloaded Windows 7 laptop that I switched to Windows 10 installed W10 and now the keyboard isn't working. I did try to refurbish it/clean it and I think the chemicals messed it up. I am trying to use the on-screen keyboard until...
  10. my caps lock isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my caps lock isn't working: the light in the button turns on when i press it but when i press on a letter it doesn't change it's still small letters can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-caps-lock-isnt-working/dfb11dcc-0415-42c2-91e1-7cdc148fac5f