Windows 10: Keyboard isnt working

Discus and support Keyboard isnt working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some of the keys including volume, mute microphone, airplane mode..., and brightness control ,dont work. It seems that their functions have changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ali Qh, May 27, 2020.

1. Ali Qh Win User

Keyboard isnt working

Some of the keys including volume, mute microphone, airplane mode..., and brightness control ,dont work. It seems that their functions have changed. Does anybody know how to fix this problem????

:)

Ali Qh, May 27, 2020
  2. johnaries Win User

keyboard not working

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a) Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b) Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturers website.

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

I believe my keyboard isnt working

johnaries, May 27, 2020
  3. i shutdown my laptop now my keyboard isnt working

Hi David,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Did it happen after installing an update?
    • Are all the keys not working on the keyboard or only to selected ones?

To help resolve your concern, kindly enable the
    On-Screen keyboard
    and follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and then click the first result.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and then run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to download the latest driver for your keyboard from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard isnt working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard isnt working

1. Keyboard isnt working - Similar Threads - Keyboard isnt working

2. Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working: My keyboard somehow stopped working AGAIN. It was working fine and suddenly when I type no words appear. This problem seems to happen every time there is an update to my Windows laptop. It says it is paired to my laptop but the light flashes slowly when I type and no words...
  3. Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working: My keyboard somehow stopped working AGAIN. It was working fine and suddenly when I type no words appear. This problem seems to happen every time there is an update to my Windows laptop. It says it is paired to my laptop but the light flashes slowly when I type and no words...
  4. microphone isnt working:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone isnt working:: My headset has a microphone and this microphone is not showing up on input devices, i have tried many things including driver uninstalls and re-installs, all that stuff, i am on windows ten and would really like a solution ASAP, for more info, it says, chose your output...
  5. Pin isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isnt working: Hi, all of a sudden, when I restarted my pic and tried to log in I got a message: Something is wrong and pin isn’t available. I tried using my password but whatever I try is wrong. I don’t know what to do...
  6. BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING: So I have been using a school issued laptop and a variety of problems have ensued such as the touch pad not working unless connected with a wireless mouse, the wifi signal going out and showing no available networks, and most recently, not showing the bluetooth device but...
  7. My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working: So One Day My Friend Wanted Me To See His New Keyboard and see how it felt because he really liked it and the next day when i checked my Device Manager I Had Like 10 Different Keyboards so i was uninstalling the extra once and i think i uninstalled my laptop keyboard i anyone...
  8. Microphone isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone isnt working: Hi, I have a HP pavilion x360 laptop. It has a built-in microphone and it isn't working. If there is a loud sound, it will detect it kind of, and it picks up some background noise. But it cant detect voices. All drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter says there is no...
  9. wifi isnt working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi isnt working: So my wifi is not even showing up on windows 10 I went to my control panel and network and internet then I went to network and connections but when I got there my ethernet showed up but there was no wifi option...
  10. coranta isnt working

in Cortana
    coranta isnt working: excuse me why coranta is just saying my connection is funky or some thing like this although my connection is fine . she is keeping to say it . i`m signed into my account by the way...