Windows 10: Keyboard issue. Kinda.

Discus and support Keyboard issue. Kinda. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am working on a hp Pavillion. 8x360. When trying to log into it. It asks for a pin. when I try to enter it, nothing show in the window. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJJohnson1022, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Keyboard issue. Kinda.

I am working on a hp Pavillion. 8x360. When trying to log into it. It asks for a pin. when I try to enter it, nothing show in the window. When I try to use the virtual keypad, still nothing takes. Next step is to log in with other methods. Ie. password. The first character of the password is the number 2. I hit it and in the window it show the upper case character. @. when I type the rest of the password it is all upper case. once in a while I can get into it. The all of the characters work fine in any document. I have called ms support, which is all online now, and that seems t be messed up as well. Finally I did get to a person. The tech had me download all ne windows. which I did. It still did not fix it. HP says its 20 days out of warranty. and I cannot get talk with anybody there.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CJJohnson1022, Nov 11, 2020

2. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Keyboard Issues

Hi Lacey,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

- ||ASUS Global

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Keyboard issue. Kinda.

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard issue. Kinda.

1. Keyboard issue. Kinda. - Similar Threads - Keyboard issue Kinda

2. Performance is kinda slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance is kinda slow: I have a hp compaq presario CQ57 which is windows 8 and as 0mb vRam in which I can't play games of my choice. If I upgrade it to windows 10 will the vram changes which can allow me to play my desirable game? And I can't open the Microsoft store on the windows 8...
  3. Performance is kinda slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance is kinda slow: I have a hp compaq presario CQ57 which is windows 8 and as 0mb vRam in which I can't play games of my choice. If I upgrade it to windows 10 will the vram changes which can allow me to play my desirable game? And I can't open the Microsoft store on the windows 8...
  4. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  5. Sleep to "kinda awake."

Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  6. I have an issue with windows powershell kinda transformed into a virus,

I have an issue with windows powershell kinda transformed into a virus,: Windows powershell transformed into a virus; So everytime I shutdown my computer and re-open it after an hour or 45 minutes i see 4 powershell windows quickly open and closes and it grows insanely big with RAM memory. i can always close it on task manager and it doesn't show...
  7. ownership problems... kinda

ownership problems... kinda: I was messing with ownership settings I only have one account on my pc so idk what I was doing and it was kinda dum but the problem I have is not really a big one it is just an annoyance anything I downloaded since then now has a lock symbol on the top right of the folder . I...
  8. ownership problems... kinda

in Windows 10 Customization
    ownership problems... kinda: I was messing with ownership settings I only have one account on my pc so idk what I was doing and it was kinda dum but the problem I have is not really a big one it is just an annoyance anything I downloaded since then now has a lock symbol on the top right of the folder . I...
  9. Kinda confusing problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kinda confusing problem: For some reason nothing on chrome has sound. When I open chrome and go on a website that has a video I can hear the sound but if I try to watch another video the sound isn't working. If I close the window and reopen chrome the first video has sound but the next ones don't....
  10. Headset works, kinda

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset works, kinda: I have an acer aspire e 15 and I tried lots of stuff. The audio works fine, but it doesn't show up on settings or anything else. I went to the past updates. I trouble shot everything. I did almost everything that I can to get this headset to work. Please help. I need a...