Windows 10: Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’

Discus and support Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’ in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Out of the blue, I go to type on my keyboard and suddenly it’s only typing windows shortcuts. For instance, r would open run, f would open feedback, s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBerric, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’

Out of the blue, I go to type on my keyboard and suddenly it’s only typing windows shortcuts. For instance, r would open run, f would open feedback, s would open start.

I unplugged my keyboard and plugged it back in. Now types normally for the most part but now it doesn’t type a few specific letters. I’m so confused

There is no win lock on my keyboard.

submitted by /u/TheBerric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBerric, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
  3. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’

1. Keyboard issue. Windows key suddenly virtually ‘stuck’ - Similar Threads - Keyboard issue key

2. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually: I’ve been having an issue recently, shift, alt, Ctrl, and windows keys are stuck virtually, physically they are fine, it’s making my pc completely unusable as every time I try to type or do anything random apps open up or other wierd things happen, also when I try opening an...
  3. Keyboard key stuck not physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  4. Keyboard key stuck not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  5. FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR ALT KEYS STUCK VIRTUALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR ALT KEYS STUCK VIRTUALLY: i just restarted computer. i've seen cases with other people not having the restart work but it worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-all-the-people-with-their-alt-keys-stuck/fac61f84-9081-4202-bebc-475bd754b284
  6. Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working

Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working: Hello I have Windows Home 64 bit Version 1909 - HP Pavilion g series laptop. Recently, some keys have not been working when I touch them lightly as I usually do. I have to long press them. I don't think it's a hardware issue because when I started typing this thread, I...
  7. Keyboard keys getting stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys getting stuck: Hi, i need help with my keyboard on my laptop, the keys are getting stuck only when i am gaming, i don’t think its a hardware issue as when i took the key off and pressed down with only my bare finger on to the input panel even then the W key would think its still being used...
  8. Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed

Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed: Hello everyone, I have a very annoying problem that I hope somebody can help me solve. Since yesterday my neighboring Enter and # keys are switched and pressing "Shift" + "#" also triggers Enter instead of an apostrophe. It is driving me absolutely crazy. I already un-...
  9. One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.

One key not registering on keyboard, not even on virtual keyboard.: The key for the equal sign isn't working on my keyboard, and just now I found out it won't work with the windows accesibility tools virtual keyboard. Strangely, the + sign works, even though it's the same key with shift pressed down. The keyboard works correctly on other 3...
  10. Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual key stuck down even if keyboard is unplugged: Hi, I am periodically experiencing an issue where the o button starts typing itself continuously until I either restart or lock the PC. It's not a keyboard issue, since it happens whether the keyboard is plugged in or not, even with a different keyboard. Is there a way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard left shift and alt stuck and on screen keyboard not working properly osk

2. window key stuck not physically