Windows 10: keyboard issues after upgrade

Discus and support keyboard issues after upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after a recent upgrade of Windows 10, some keys on the laptop keyboard don't work. any ideas on how to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by faja474', Sep 22, 2018.

1. faja474' Win User

keyboard issues after upgrade

after a recent upgrade of Windows 10, some keys on the laptop keyboard don't work. any ideas on how to fix?

:)

faja474', Sep 22, 2018

2. Keyboard is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hi Stephen,

Please reply to the following questions:

• Did you try the suggestions posted above?

• Are you facing keyboard issues even after trying the above suggestions?

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to please perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the status of the keyboard issues faced on your PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 22, 2018
  3. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 22, 2018
  4. keyboard issues after upgrade

keyboard issue

Hello Pavneet,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with keyboard not working after upgrading to Windows 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt keyboard drivers in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

First, let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer
    was installed correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver software for keyboard and check if it helps.

Note: If you are using a laptop, you have to first download the keyboard drivers from computer manufacturer before uninstalling them.

To do so, please refer to the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit
      Enter.

• In Device Manager, expand the mouse & keyboard listed in the device list.

• Right click on the driver.

• Click Uninstall.

• Reboot the computer. The drivers will get installed automatically.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

I would also suggest you to try and connect an external keyboard and check if it helps. Also, check the
    behavior in on-screen keyboard. Please refer to the steps in the following Microsoft Help article given below.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

keyboard issues after upgrade

1. keyboard issues after upgrade - Similar Threads - keyboard issues upgrade

2. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  3. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  4. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  5. Startup and keyboard issues after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup and keyboard issues after upgrading to windows 11: Problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and update via Windows 11 Upgrade Assistant . After restart started facing issues with startup and keyboard. Issue One is resolved but still facing issues on second one .Issue 1 : After boot up or screen lock, it takes me about an hour to...
  6. Startup and keyboard issues after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup and keyboard issues after upgrading to windows 11: Problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and update via Windows 11 Upgrade Assistant . After restart started facing issues with startup and keyboard. Issue One is resolved but still facing issues on second one .Issue 1 : After boot up or screen lock, it takes me about an hour to...
  7. Log in issue after upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log in issue after upgrading: Hello people, I had my laptop upgraded and it had a fresh install of Windows 10. All is fine. However, I need to reinstall the full Microsoft Package but I need my password to log in. The problem is this - all my passwords were in Excel, which is now not installed. I have...
  8. Keyboard Issues After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Issues After Update: Anyone else having issues with their keyboard after this latest update? Part of the (laptop) keyboard works but ive lost all function over my space bar, one enter key, delete key and one enter key as well. I can plug in an external keyboard and that works fine. Makes no sense...
  9. After upgrade an issue with hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrade an issue with hibernation: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and whenI recover my PC from the hibernation, it has an issue. Then it fixes it and performs a boot from scratch.It is a kernel data inpage error and I received an error code 0xc000001...
  10. Activation Issue after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issue after upgrade: I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The last time I did it I installed a new CPU and GPU. Afterwards, I received a notification saying that I had to activate my copy...