Windows 10: keyboard issues control button probably

Discus and support keyboard issues control button probably in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there i'm facing a serious keyboard problem it'qs like my control button is always pressed but i'm not sure if that's the problem and the symptoms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Faitan01, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Faitan01 Win User

keyboard issues control button probably

Hi there

i'm facing a serious keyboard problem it'qs like my control button is always pressed but i'm not sure if that's the problem

and the symptoms of this issue are

-i can't type anything and even if i get to typr i get some weird signs like the euro sign and so and so off

-i can't scorll pages ; it zooms instead of scrolling

i hope you can help with this problem

:)

Faitan01, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 keyboard issue Logitech MK320

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps

Method 1: Add input language

• Press Windows Button and start typing Control panel
    • Click on Clock, language and Region
    • Click on Language and click on Keyboard Layout
    • And you can add the input Language for keyboard and check if it helps

Method 2: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2019
  3. win 10 laptop Keyboard Controls.

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us few details,

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you update the driver for the keyboard?

• Are you facing any other issue with the keyboard?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Hardware troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
      that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

Hope this information helps. Please get back with more details we are glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. keyboard issues control button probably - Similar Threads - keyboard issues control

2. Boot issues/probable gpt corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot issues/probable gpt corruption: Issue: BootPlatform: Windows 11 Boot Drive: WD Blue SN570 500GBBootloader: GPTHi! I had turned off my computer and then opened it up to clean it, but moments later, I noticed that it had started booting out and at that time I had removed the SSD. The consequence of which is...
  3. Keyboard buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard buttons: File Explorer has various facilities that can be manipulated once the App is running. It used to be one could apply various run line options to go directly to the service, ex. the control panel, from the run line. From my keyboard, how would I direct File Explorer to display...
  4. keyboard button Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard button Issues: I am using an Asus VivoBook & windows 10 When I press Backspace button,Page Down button gets automatically gets pressed along with it . When i press Delete button,Home button gets automatically pressed along with it. I tried updating windows & reinstalling the keyboard...
  5. Keyboard button issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard button issue: When I click on ALT-TAB using the right alt key, the screen gets stuck at the preview even after the let go of the alt key. The left alt key is working properly. What should I do to fix this?...
  6. Probably keyboard driver problem

Probably keyboard driver problem: Hi I've recently updated windows 10 and also updated all of my drivers ones with update available and after a few days it caused really serious problems to my keyboard. Some of the buttonsREALLY don't work properly. Most of the top bar buttons f1 ,f2 ,etc. and buttons d and c...
  7. some probably related power issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    some probably related power issues: I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade. the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2 attempts to boot. example situation: wake up in the morning, turn computer on. BIOS posts, windows 10 logo appears, but fades to...
  8. play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?

play-button keyboard: change the display time of controls-popup?: Hi, When I use the play-button on my keyboard (logitech k270), a little controls-popup appears and it dissapears in a few seconds. I would like to shorten that few to ... say 1, but I don't know where to look in the reg. Can someone help me in the right direction?...
  9. Sound Button is BROKEN (probably MY fault)

Sound Button is BROKEN (probably MY fault): I think I corrupted the sound button by improper shutdowns. Do they corrupt the sound button and cause it to be permanently DEAD? I'll try to stop that since I think it's the cause of the broken sound button....
  10. Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

Keyboard drivers damaged (probably): After one of the recent system updates my keyboard started malfunctioning - I cannot enter low case "j". Upper case works. Same behavior with every keyboard I tried. I am using USB keyboard. Tried on HP standard USB keyboard and a few others. All of the tested keyboards work...