Windows 10: Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Discus and support Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT. List of combinations (Not working) : LEFT SHIFT +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yogeshp1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. yogeshp1 Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.
    List of combinations (Not working) :
    LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW
    LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW
    LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW
    LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW
    RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :
    RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW
    CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X
    Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT
    Please let me know why this issue is occurring!
    Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?
    i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.
    Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.
    Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM
    this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10 :p

:)

yogeshp1, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Dave Win User

Control Left Arrow doesn't work - Windows 10

I will assume you don't have any keyboard mapping tools?

I suggest you try AutoHotKey and map that combination to something else, like opening Task Manager. This will then prove if the issue is the combination of the 2 keys being pressed/sent, or the program where you're using this not accepting it always (for unknown reasons).

Test this new combination with no programs open from the desktop to make sure it works every time.

If it does work each time, open the program where this issue occurs again verify if this combination works every time (if it opens Task Scheduler).

If it does, map CTRL + Left Arrow to itself (eg, map CTRL + LEFT ARROW to CTRL + LEFT ARROW) to see if that has any affect.

3. Left CTRL key only works together with the left SHIFT key

Hello,

Starting from today while I was using FL Studio to copy some musical notes I noticed Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V weren't working

I've opened the on-screen keyboard in order to check if the left CTRL key was working and pressing it alone doesn't show any input.

But. when I tried to first press the left SHIFT key holding it and then pressing the left CTRL key together. both keys showed input. (right CTRL key works fine)

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've already tried to uninstall the keyboard's driver and then restarting the PC but it didn't work.

Best regards,

Me

Cosmin Lucian Iacob, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW Doesn't work, any alternate?

Hi Sean, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I have build 9860, works like a charm. All I can suggest is that you upgrade as soon as possible.

Thema:

1. Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard Issues LEFT

2. Left CTRL key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left CTRL key doesn't work: On my Windows 10 Pro the left CTRL key doesn't work.For example, hitting CTRL+F on my browser to lunch "Find in page" doesn't do anything. BUT the right CTRL key works fine. Same for other functions such as CTRL+C and CTRL+V - they work just fine only with the right CTRL and...
  3. Left CTRL key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left CTRL key doesn't work: On my Windows 10 Pro the left CTRL key doesn't work.For example, hitting CTRL+F on my browser to lunch "Find in page" doesn't do anything. BUT the right CTRL key works fine. Same for other functions such as CTRL+C and CTRL+V - they work just fine only with the right CTRL and...
  4. Left CTRL key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  6. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  7. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  8. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  9. CTRL + Left Arrow Hotkey LOCKING Laptop Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL + Left Arrow Hotkey LOCKING Laptop Issues: Not sure where to even begin as I feel this is somehow an issue (at least for me) with the company issued laptops. However, CTRL + LeftArrow will lock my system even when I am remoting into my Citrix VDI (which is also a Win10 VM) while ssh'd into a Linux box (i am lazy and...
  10. WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW Doesn't work, any alternate?

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW Doesn't work, any alternate?: I run multiple monitors with one of those monitors being an HDTV in another room for media. One of the keyboard shortcuts I have loved since Windows 7 is the WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW being able to switch my current window between monitors. This keyboard shortcut does not work in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ctrl l/r