Windows 10: Keyboard issues with Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a generic Microsoft 200 keyboard and I'm running into two issues: 1) My keyboard goes into sleep mode every 5 seconds. I can tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nerdluvin, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Nerdluvin Win User

Keyboard issues with Windows 10

Hello,

I have a generic Microsoft 200 keyboard and I'm running into two issues:

1) My keyboard goes into sleep mode every 5 seconds. I can tell because the Num Lock light goes off and comes back on when I hit any key.

2) If I long press a key, it seems to go into "sticky" mode and keeps pressing until I press it back again. This is especially troublesome when playing video games.

- I've checked power saving modes, all seems ok at default.
    - I've checked and Sticky Keys is disabled as well as any user accessibility option.

Help? Thanks!

:)

Nerdluvin, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Isn't this the same advice you gave someone else further up in the thread? I am the only user with "full privileges" on the files. Yes, I am the administrator. I've tried every suggestion in this thread, including the command (DOS) prompt as administrator
    "net user administrator /active:yes". Also, why can't I delete a user that I created? All I can do is change his password.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Nemix Win User

Try connecting the keyboard to a different USB port in the back of the computer and not the front ports.

Your keyboard should not require any drivers to work correctly, it's very likely not a Windows 10 problem and more likely a hardware problem.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Nerdluvin Win User
    I tried, and the same issue happens.

Funny enough, everything was working fine till the upgrade to Windows 10.

So yes, it's a Windows 10 issue.

Nerdluvin, Jul 29, 2015
  6. rvcjew Win User
    What does your device manager say about your keyboard, does it have a triangle on its name?

rvcjew, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Nerdluvin Win User
    No, the device manager registers everything as normal *Smile

Nerdluvin, Jul 29, 2015
  8. rvcjew Win User

Try right clicking it and uninstalling it, then reboot and let it install it again.

rvcjew, Jul 29, 2015
  9. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried moving ports. It just acts like it's asleep until you press a key, and the majority of the time it doesn't register the first keystroke. Alt and Ctrl get "stuck" after being pressed for a period of time. Craziness.

MrOrange87, Sep 15, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    Have you guys checked what chipset drivers are being used that impact upon your USB? Win10 won't have necessarily installed the correct drivers. Lots of times they either aren't correct or not all the necessary software components have been installed by Windows.

WhyMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard issues

2. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  3. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  4. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hello, I'm having a big issues with my keyboard the specific letters and numbers: ''N, M,...

Hello, I'm having a big issues with my keyboard the specific letters and numbers: ''N, M,...: The specific letters and numbers: ''N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6, 7'' are not responding no matter how hard I tried to click, this occurred 2 days ago and I have to use the on-screen keyboard, I've done several ways online, It's very bad for someone who works online. Please help...
  6. I have an issue with the keyboard on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue with the keyboard on Windows: I've used different operating systems on my laptop for example: Ubuntu 22.04 and a macOS VM and the keyboard works great on them, keys type as soon as I press them. But on windows, whenever I press a key, 90% of the time whether it be in a game or trying to log onto the...
  7. I have an issue with the keyboard on Windows

I have an issue with the keyboard on Windows: I've used different operating systems on my laptop for example: Ubuntu 22.04 and a macOS VM and the keyboard works great on them, keys type as soon as I press them. But on windows, whenever I press a key, 90% of the time whether it be in a game or trying to log onto the...
  8. Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issue: Hi im currently having trouble with my surface pro keyboard. It usually connects when I open my device, however, it suddenly stopped working and the light on the keys isn't working anymore. Does it mean that my keyboard is damaged or do i have to change my device settings?....
  9. Keyboard issue

Keyboard issue: Hi im currently having trouble with my surface pro keyboard. It usually connects when I open my device, however, it suddenly stopped working and the light on the keys isn't working anymore. Does it mean that my keyboard is damaged or do i have to change my device settings?....
  10. Keyboard issue